Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread >

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 9- Team Official Thread

welcome to out team 121553, glad to have you one it. I hope your wife is ok.

Went out hunting on wednesday afternoon and like a kid at christmas, i couldnt wait to get in my prime "rut" stand. I should have known better since the deer are all up in the oak trees now, but i had to do it. Well i didnt see a thing and my buddy went up into a section of the oaks and was covered up in deer, does, fawns and some small bucks but no shooters. Going to go out this afternoon if the rain stops, which it should and then hunt all day tomorrow, weather permitting again. Hopefully monday morning ill have something good to report.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Hi everybody

Can someone from your team please reply to the ( Who's your team captian ) thread in this forum and let me know who he is.

Thank you
Old 09-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks njbuck. Sounds like your the only one chequein in and keeping usupdated on the hunts. Even though I'm not hunting right now I did see a 4x5 and a 5x5 ( twins) in velvet come through the yard here and pay me a visit as I'mbuilding this kabin making as kinds of noise. I think these were the same twins from last year and they were only little forkies then. I don't shoot deer on my property cause there kinda like pets and many mornings deer are 10 ft from my front door when I wake in the morning. But stupid me will drive 6 miles and hike 2 or 3 miles into the bush and shoot a doe ( drawn "B" Tag ) and bust me arse dragging it back and dealing with the elements. I kind of wonder about my logic about that.
Whats everyone esle doing? Scouting, hunting or out of the contest? At least let us know if your still alive.
Also, does anyone know who are captain is? I havent recieved my gift package for signing on this team.

Bobby
Old 09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good, but not what i was hoping for. Ended up hunting on friday afternoon, saw a couple of deer, but if it wasnt for bad luck i would have had no luck at all. I was out to kill a doe or a nice buck and all the does i saw came in to my setup and a spike came out of nowhere and chased them all off. Right before dark a really nice 8 point came in that i was going to shoot, but it came in with a doe and a fawn and believe it or not, the doe chased the 8 pointer off, so no shots at any of them. Sat night i hunted a different property and saw 8 deer, all does and fawns and had 3 does and 3 fawns at 25 yards. Thought they were going to come in closer but it never happened. I was frustrated to say the least. Went out before work this morning and saw 9 deer. Only had a couple of fawns, 2 spikes and a small 6 point come in under me today, all the does stayed out of range. No shooter bucks seen. Im seeing plenty of deer but just havent been able to seal the deal. Hopefully this week, im really craving some backstraps.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least your seeing deer njbuck. I don't know whenthe rut peaks out there but here it peaks out at the last week in november. Last year I past up on some nice ones antcipating a bigger one during the rut. The rut and the last week of hunting season coincide the same week. Needless to say I had to eat tag soup last year and I don't think I'll be as choosey this year. I like my elk hunting too butI won't do them at the same time.
Good luck and keep it safe.
Just one more thing Team 9, make sure you get a picture of the bow, the entire buck and yourself in the photo in order to enter the contest. There is no exceptions to that rule. [X(]

Bobby
Old 09-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

ive been doing alot of scoutting and spot lightin saw some nice ones last nite. 140inch 10 120 inch 8... and probably a 100 inch 7 pointer <-- still in velvet.. but this 7 pointer was for sure a 1 1/2 yr old buck.. he is going to be a big boy in a year or two
Old 09-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Unleashed

Ho captain yet , just checking
Old 09-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Hi Unleashed

Ho captain yet , just checking
We have no captain, we are a bunch of renegades goin huntin. Whom ever gets the biggest deer is captain. If people spent as much time hunting as they do in here they may have more points as opposed to wanting to be ruler. Lets get out in the woods and stop playing games.

Bobby
Old 09-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok jberryx24 the captains list has been updated.

Thank you
Old 09-19-2006, 08:19 AM

My little bro who lives where I'll be hunting the opener this weekend said they saw 2 pope and young bucks near our stands while scouting last weekend. Hopefully I'll be trying to figure out how to post pics of one of them after this weekend!

Quick Reply: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.