Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread >

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 9- Team Official Thread

ok all PM's have been sent lets hope they all sign in.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

He guys, have some good news. I own 50 acres here in Nj and its all undeveloped that backs a 150 acre county park that is not allowed to be hunted. Hunting pressure in the area is minimal so there are some nice bucks running around there. Really nice bucks in the area are 110-115 inches and the good news is last night i sat out in the field and saw 22 deer. 6 were bucks and 3 were shooters. One would go some where around 110, the other was alittle bigger and the last one i saw, a big 8 point would probably be alittle under 120. So the season is looking good.The biggest looked to be about a 3 and a half year old so if he walks by the stand he will have Radial X weave with a 100 grain NAP spitfire launched from my 70# Hoyt Vtec coming his way ASAP! Checked my trail camera and i had one good buck on there a bunch of times, i left the camera out in the woods after i reaimed it, it was aimed too high and wasnt getting the best pictures, but i will pull it next week to show you all. I sure you guys are all like me and cant wait for the season to start.

What are all your guys goals for this upcoming fall. As for me, Goal #1 is to have a safe and really fun season. After that i would like to shoot 7 does and hopefully 3 bucks. We have very liberal bag limits here and i have tons of property to hunt so i wont even put a dent in the population. Season starts on september 9th, but i cant get out till the 11th. So from the 11th till sometime in January, i will be perched about 20 feet up for somewhere between 130-140 hours. I also am going to Texas the first week in October so hopefully i can bag a big one there. Im planning on only shooting does in september unless an absolute pig comes within 30 yards. Its going to be a great season and i cant wait!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pjarrows

ok all PM's have been sent lets hope they all sign in.
thanks pjarrows

Old 08-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My goals this year is to get 6 kills on tape. My main goal is for my wife to shoot her first archery deer. Its her first year... Buck wise I will only shoot a 100 inch buck or bigger in PA. Maryland on the other hand I dont know. We are hunting a new property and I dont know what to expect. Its on the eastern shore so it could be good.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Hi Kids,
Todd From IL here. Will be hunting NW IL and doing a Canada trip in Nov as well, Here in IL it looks good you can expect to see a pig at anytime. As usual I have 99% of my Vac time saved up so I plan to be in a tree early and often. Good luck all.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:34 PM

Hey
Old 08-26-2006, 12:59 AM

Hey Guys!... I'M HERE! Just got back from sheep hunting up in theBrooks Range! Got a HUGE 11 year old ram!...and am taking out as many kayak trips as I can to make up for dissapearing off for 2 weeks hunting. I promiseI'll get a GIANT Sitka Blacktail here on Kodiak shortly... I brought a friend up deer hunting TODAY... but didn't see any really big bucks. I'll spend a couple days up camping to ensure getting a really big one! Got up on a few Mt. Goats though... Will be doing the registration bow hunt for Goat as well Just because I'mnot online... does NOT mean I've forgotten you! (It just means I'm out HUNTING!) Wendy
Old 08-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Fork Horn

any idea on a name yet?

Im shooting a
Ben Pearson Stealth 68 lb
Radial X weave 300's
green and white fletched
100 grain muzzy's

Old 08-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

glad to see you guys and gals checking in any ideas for a name?

NABBH (North America Big Buck Hunters)
Silent But Deadly
STEALTH "stealth is our name hunting is our game"
Old 08-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wendy, please please please post a picture of that ram, that thing must be a monster. As for our names, im open to any ideas. Im going to pull my trail camera this week so hopefully i have some good pictures to share with you all.

Quick Reply: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.