Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

I saw that about your wife. That can be hard to do when you don't have a deer with a bow yet. Very cool. I still think this weekend is going to be AWESOME. Should be some great movement. I am going to sit in the stand all day. My son bought one of those camelpacks to use before he left for the Navy. He told me to use it when he was gone. I did this past weekend and it is GREAT. Easy way to carry out the water and makes it much nicer to sit.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 PM

thanks. I was at the trophy ranch. I was invited back any time i wanted. I think were going for 4 days at the begining of thanksgiving.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I hope everyone is going to get out this weekend. It is prime time here. I will be heading out after work and have to come back Sunday night. Good luck everyone. Do we still have everyone on the team with us???
Old 11-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait to get out this weekend, should have some good activity. Tonight I'm going to try some aggressive rattling and see if I get any takers. Weather is going to be real good, nice and cold. I sure hope to get one for the team!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys, I got one for the contest! I smoked a decent 8 tonight. I haven't gotten a tape on him yet, but when I do, I'll get it onto our team for the contest! More story to come later!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, here's the story. I worked a half day yesterday, like all Fridays. I headed out to a tree that I had only hunted one time before, about 3 weeks ago. It is at the base of a steep hill with lots of oaks, and to the south about 30 yards is a cut corn field and to the weswt about 40 yards is another cut corn field, east and north is all timber. I got settled in at about 2:00. Around 3:00 I see some deer begin to move out into the field to the south. The first deer out is what remains of a real nice 10-point we had been seeing. His right beam is broke off about 3" above his base, and the other side has the G-3 snapped off and the tip of the beam is gone. He came right over to me naturally, but I let him walk, and got pissed off that he is in shambles! Deer continued to filter out into the field and the deer I shot came out. He was about 50 yards away and I grunted at him a couple of times, which he heard, but didn't really care too much about. I then decided to try and snort-wheeze at him. I sat there for about 5 minutes trying to decide whether to do it or not, and finally decided to give it a shot. So, I gave my best effort at the fabled snort-wheeze, and I couldn't believe my eyes, but he bristled up and began walking my way. He hopped a fence on the edge of the south field, and came into the woods where I was at about 40 yards. I bleated with my voice to stop and I nailed him. Perfect shot, directly through the heart, not even a scratch on the lungs. I center-punched a rib on the entry and exit, and still got a perfect passthrough, and broadhead is still in fine shape also. I'm trying to get the stupid picture up but photobucket isn't cooperating and this site never does for me, but I'll keep trying! I'm going to measure him here in a minute and get him on our scorecard too. Now its time to get a real monster!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the pic!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:54 AM

nice job!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:28 PM

nice buck mike! glad to see someone on the team knock one down. well the rut is starting to kick in here in maryland. i saw a really nice 8 point tonight threw some thick stuff at about 60 yards and saturday afternoon i saw 3 really nice buck all at about 50 yards. i have a really good feeling about next week. i think im gonna get a chance at a good buck. good luck everyone ill be on the site probably everyday for the next two weeks
Old 11-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Mike. Just got around to checking and seeing how everyone is doing and see this. Congrats. Looks like you broke his heart. All I ever do is take their breath away. That is something my kid always says. He is tired of taking their breath away and wants to break their heart. Anyway nice buck. That puts us over 100 now. Not by much because mine was small. I saw a few but nothing big again this weekend. Going out again next weekend but that might be it for me with a bow this year. Our second gun season starts on Nov. 18 and runs to Dec. 10. Probably not going to get out much after that and this gun season there will be a lot of guys out. Just gets scary with only a bow. Let's keep this up and I am sure we can get some more points on the board. We still have 8 guys left and some we have not heard from for a while.

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.