Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

I had planed to get out tonight and hunt as well, but work did not permit it unfortunately. It was a gorgeous night, the wind layed right down and would have been perfect for my favorite stand. This weekend should be good though, a little change in weather finally.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Mike did you get to that new Cabelas last weekend?? Looks like I will be heading that way this Saturday. Gonna be the last NON-hunting weekend for me until end of November. Bummer you couldn't get out last night. Sounds like the weather would have been great.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah I went to the Cabelas. It is an awesome store. It was so damn busy though that it was hard to get any real shopping done. The mounts are unrivaled though in my opinion. The only thing I was alittle disappointed on was the treestand area. The whole store has huge vaulted 50' ceilings, and then the treestands are stuck in a corner with low ceilings so tehre are no ladders or anything setup. Otherwise, very cool store!
Tonight I'mhittin' the outdoors, gonna be chilly, but Ican't wait!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:10 PM

Im going Fri. morning. taking a nap then playing some football.
but an update on my last resort land in Natchez, MS...I just checked a trail camera we put out in aug. I have a nice 8 pointer(maybe 9)in a few pics. here is one.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I got a doe last night finally!!I hit the woods at about 4:30 and the wind was howling out of the southwest which is a perfect wind for the stand I was planning on hunting. Ihad no activity for about an hour and then some deer made their way out into the field. At the far end I could see a monster 8,around 140" but the closest he got was maybe 75 yards and then he milled around and disappeared back into the timber. I had been concentrating on him, and I looked down and there was a big mature doe about 30yards away. Thebig buck was gone, so I decided to get some meat! She fed into the perfect spot and I let her have it! Perfect double lunger, just like our name implies! She only made it 30 yards and piled up. I saw her the whole way as she never left the field. Lumenok lit up, complete pass through. The pressure is off now, and I can hunt racks!!! We have seen 3 different big ones now, so hopefully I can connect on one of them for our team. I'l work on getting some pics up when I get home from work today.

P.S. People pay more for a ride at the carnival that isn't as good as the one I got up in the tree last night with the wind blowing 25 mph!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Mike. I know what you mean about the pressure being off. Be sure to connect with one of those big boys and that will offset the little one I got. I am still very happy that I got that velvet buck as it is still in GREAT shape. I am freezing it which I was told was the best way to perserve it. Gonna have to leave it in there for a long time. Anyway congrats on the doe and keep at it. There are many more out there.

Phall that is a nice looking buck. Good luck tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:20 PM

congrats mike. nice deer phall. i too just got a new buck on the cam

Old 10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cnapes - how is that camera working for you? It is a Wildview right? You may have read my experience with cuddeback on the gear review forum. Cuddeback's customer service SUCKS. I will be looking at new cameras for next year and the Wildview is one I am thinking about. Thanks for any help. Oh and that is a nice buck there. Hope you see him in the daylight sometime.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you can get that one as well, would be a huge one for the team!!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:00 PM

yeah i hope i see him maybe during the rut. that camera is actually a moultrie and it has been working real good for me

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.