Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

HEY GUYS LOOKS LIKE I MISSED OUT. GOOD LUCK TO THE TEAM AND ANTHONY T - DO GOOD FOR THE TEAM IN MY SPOT.
HAVE BEEN HUNTING MOST OF THE LAST MONTH AND NOT ON THE COMPUTER. 3 WEEK CARIBOU AND MOOSEHUNT UP NORTH- PUT 2500-3000 MILES ON THE TRUCK- HOME A DAY THEN OUT REMOTE CLOSER TO HOME FOR MOOSE ANOTHER WEEK. [8D]SAW A REALLY BIG BROWN BEAR....A FOOT OF HIS BACK WAS OVER THE 4-1/2 TO 5 FT WILLOWS....FRONT PAW PRINT WAS 11 INCHES ACROSS.
GOOD LUCK TEAM #30- HOPEFULLY I CAN STILL GET IN TO PLAY BUT I DOUBT IT.....OFF 6 WEEKS AGAIN STARTING 11 OCT AND WILL BE HUNTING NEARLY 5 OF IT.... S.E. COLORADO AND MO. HAVE ACCESS TO SOME GOOD PRIVATE LAND.....HAVE HUNTED THE MO. AREA BUT NOT COLO. AREA.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

well only a few more days and the season will be started
Old 09-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

4 DAYS!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys. I know that count down is tough.

Mike you do have a nice bear there. Are you getting a permit next year? If so I do hope that he makes it until then for you.

AK sorry you were not able to check in. Sounds to me like you are living the dream man. Enjoy all that hunting time.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

4 DAYS!!!!!!!
Aint it great. ive had my girlfriend on the countdown too. Im taking her hunting for her first time in two weeks...I have to have the first two weeks to myself!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, that is a nice bear. There is no pressure on bears where we hunt, so I think he'll make it barring some kind of illness or just old age. I'm sure hoping we can get drawn. We will have enough points to geta tag, based on how the tags were allocated this year. One of the problems is that the regions are so huge so it doesn't take very many people on tons of land to use up the allotted permits. One thing is for sure, the bear population is thriving so getting one is not usually a problem once a tag is drawn.

Right now though, deer are on the most wanted list!!! The weather looks promising for Sunday, a little warmer than I would prefer, but not hot, so that's good.My wife will be happy though since it isn't going to be cold. Hopefully we can put a good showing in for this contest.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 06:46 PM

im goin out saturday morning and my friend jake is gonna film me i hope we see something i may just take a doe not sure though
Old 09-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the one I want!!! My friend Ross and I were harvesting soybeans and we could see a deer come out the timber about 600 yards away. We finished the harvest and got in my truck and got closer, about 75 yards, and he was a real nice 9 point. He trotted off and we drove a bit farther and he came about about 10 yards from the tree I am going to hunt on Sunday!!!! As if sleeping wasn't hard enough!!! There were a bunch of does around too, so hopefully on Sunday I can draw blood!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:35 AM

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

Hi everyone, the forums are loading way quicker then before - Thank God. The team did a good job getting that updated and fixed. If you have not seem my most recent posts in the journals I have posted them below.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=474

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=488

I am trying to stick to my guns and not start hunting until later in the season this year. I will be checking back soon.

Let me know if you guy think the site is faster as well.

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.