Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

WI, I think we get started at about the same time everyday! Another great day here, 55 degrees and cloudy. HEading to the pro shop (BlueRidge Backwoods) tonight for some final adjustments before season and some shooting as well. Probably do a techno hunt. Just another day of work otherwise. I think Friday I'm going to go and get the memory card from my camera and see what it shows me. I was going to leave it sit until season but there is NO WAY that I will make it that long, and if there is a big buck on it, my sleep habits are going to be worse than they already are. Alright, back to work!

Dang...good to have you back!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike I am guessing we do. I work 7:00 to 3:25 Mon-Thurs and 7:00to noon on Fridays YEAR ROUND. I am gonna be off tomorrow though as I have to do some moving from my old house to my new one. Long story but I got the house in the divorce and kept it until my son graduated. Well I moved now with my new lady and the old house just won't sell. Guess that is why I got it in the divorce. Since Matt is going to the Navy on Sept. 26th he is gonna head to the cabin and hunt from the 16th to the 25th. I will be off next week Tuesday - Thursday to hunt with him. Then also both weekends. Gonna be a strange season after he leaves. My girlfriends son (Tim) like to bow hunt and got his first deer with a bow last year (4 point). Matt and Tim's bucks can be seen on www.maffet.com by clicking on the bowhunting 2005 link. Not a great site but it let's me post pictures for others to see. Gonna start working on redoing some of it soon.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pictures of the deer WI. I work from 7:30-5:00 Monday-Thurs and 7:30-12:30 on Fridays which is real nice. There is a park here that I think I am going to hunt on Friday afternoons. It is doe only, but there are some GIANT bucks in it as well. Maybe I'll take a doe, but I really want to get some pics of a big buck. Last year a guy shot one on the property that borders the park that was the biggest non-typical shot last year in the country. Just a monster. I saw it at the IL Deer Classic and it was pretty impressive. That buck lived in the park and just wandered out occasionally. It doesn't get hunted much either because of the doe only rule. Doesn't bother me!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Mike. Isn't that early done on Friday GREAT? Sounds like a great park.I would love to have an area like that to hunt. Shooting does is still a lot of fun for me. I like to say that I am a DEER hunter not a BUCK hunter. Yes I would love to get the big buck and I do pass smaller ones some times but a nice doe comes by and I will almost always shoot her.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I called that park...and I missed the lottery deadline. This is the first year for the lottery and it was poorly advertised since they only had 120 applicants, but whatever. I'll just have to drive the perimeter and ty and get some pics. I too an a deer hunter, does are delicious and good practice for when the big boy comes by.

And yes...fridays being short work days is awesome!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear you missed the deadline. I used to hunt with a guy that would always say "shooting a doe is like kissing your sister". Well I always told him it was good practice. I know it does help me keep a LITTLE bit more composed when a buck comes by.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:37 PM

wihunter its the moultrie 200 3.1 megapixel it cost around 150 i just got somemore pics off it today

Old 09-13-2006, 09:30 PM

First of all the comment on WI! We just like to extend our hunting seasons! IL is better

I will be leaving for WI, on Friday, as always I sure I will be stopping at the Gander Mountain in Madison. I am really excited this year, I feel like is is going to be a good year. I am going to be very busy the next few days so I wont be posting as often. Here is a recent Camtrakker photo.

Good Luck Everyone.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Todd, nice deer, you too switch! Check out the Sportsman's Warehouse just south of Milwaukee if you are over that way. ARound Mukwonago I believe. Really nice store.

I think on Sunday Im going to go and get my memory card from my cam and hopefully have some racks to show you guys. I shot my bow last night at the pro shop and did some final tuning and everything seems to be flying real nice. My Slick Tricks sure do fly straight. I shot Stingers last night too but I was consistently 2" left with those. I think for this year it is going to the Slicks for sure now. A couple weeks ago I posted that my NAP rest broke, well, my wife had the same one until last night, when her's broke as well. NAP Quicktune 2100. Both of ours had the launcher break off, along with myriad other problems with mine. Must be a design flaw in it somewhere. She is going to the qAD Ultrarest now too. I'm happy with mine so far, real good treestand/hunting rest since you can lock the launcher up so the doesn't go anywhere.

Good luck in WI Todd. Hopefully you can start the bloodshed!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 AM

hey guys im heading into the woods tonight wish me luck

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.