Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Welcome aboard Anthony. Just what we need is another bowtec. Oh well I have heard that some deer can be killed with those. Maybe someday when you all get serious about archery you can step up to a Hoyt.

I wish I knew what I had running around in my woods. I havea cuddeback and the damn thing is really getting me upset. This WOULD have been its third season but so far no pictures. First it would just take pictures every 30 seconds until the batteries died. Well being I live in WI I thought they would be nice. I had to send it back with a check for $35 to get it fixed. Well since it was $400 I thought I better do that. Well I get it back and I kept getting "Camera failed" messages. I sent it back again paying only shipping to them this time and get it back and all I have gotten so far is NOTHING. The thing won't trigger. I replaced the batteries yet again (I think I have used 5 sets for ZERO pictures) and left it on the Saturday before Labor day. Gonna see this weekend if it has done ANY good. If I still get nothing I will be calling them yet again but this time I will be telling them to look here and see my review. I don't think they will like it.

WOW sorry I got to venting. You guys know I am just kidding about the bows. I shot the bowtec's and mathews before I settled on the Hoyt. All are GREAT. I just really liked that Trykon.

Does anyone else have any pictures of bucks in their area? We do have some nice ones posted so far.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

This weather today is killing me! Its the coolest day we've had so far this early fall. 60 degrees, light breeze, little misty, overcast. WHY IS SEASON NOT HERE YET???? Just had to vent...sorry! I can't tinker with my gear any more or I will wear it out before I even use it. Patience is a virtue I apparently don't possess in any kind of sufficient quantity.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:07 PM

19 days for me.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:51 PM

hey guys season starts here friday. can't wait. welcome anthony it sucks for you in virginia that you start so much later than here in MD. anyway my new slick trick's finally came in ill shoot them tom. wihunter that sucks that you have been having so much trouble with your cudde my cheap moultries actually work really good i have the rechargable battery and they last like 7 weeks
Old 09-12-2006, 07:23 PM

Hey everyone!

Were getting close now! I just shot 5 arrows all with broadheads (NAP) Crossfire & Nitrons - they are flying great!

Welcome aboard Anthony. Where are you from?

Tonight I went to hang a stand - Saw a really nice buck, bedded down on a fenceline right next to a cornfield.

I will be leaving for Wisconsin on Friday, I plan on hunting all weekend. The goal - Harvest 2 Does! I am going to try to film myself, well have to see how that goes.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 PM

Hey guys,
I've been so busy with my new job, I haven't been able to log on for the past couple of weeks. I see that we have a team name and avatar. Nice choice. How do I change my avatar to the double lung one?
I see that several of your seasons will be opening soon. My season opened on August 15th and I've only been hunting a couple of times.Unfortunately, my job has kept me on the road, out of state, for the last three weeks. I had a lay-over at O'Hare yesterday, to bad I wasn't baggin an Illinois bruiser instead of sitting atthe airportwatching paint dry because my flight was delayed4 HOURS!!!Considering I live and hunt in SC,actually being inIllinoismade me feel like the homeless guy looking through a windowat an upscale restaurant watching people shove lobster tail and filet mignon down their throat. You canalmost taste it...and then reality punches you in the stomach. lol. One of these days.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Typical Buck

Todd Graf- good to be here man. I'm from Va. I've never scored a buck nor have I measured one before. I know one of you guys can guide me thru if I do get a nice one this year.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:22 AM

I figured out how to change my avatar, so nevermind.
Edit-I thought I did. Let me try again.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cnapeswitchback - How is the trigger speed on those cameras of yours. I also see that Gander has one (I forget which one) that is like 2.0 meg for $100. Even if they only last a year I still would be saving money. The Cuddeback is a great camera when it works but this is just a wasted season now.

Dangolbowhunter sorry to hear you got stuck so long just looking at the midwest. IL is nice but if it was really all that everyone makes of it then why do all the people from IL drive up to WI for hunting and fishing? Because it is BETTER up here. Sorry Todd but you must know that.

Anthony WHEN you get one this fall we will get you thru scoring it. It really is not very difficult.

And Mike - I SO know what you mean about the weather. Then this weekend it is supposed to get so warm.[:'(] I will still be out. I do think that I could have sat in the tree all day yesterday. We got a little rain but it was not much.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh and Todd I want to see the videos. When will that be up and running??

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.