Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

My god that is alot of deer. Seems a bit irresponsible actually, to me at least. Personally, there's no way I could shoot that may deer, donation or not. I would just feel too greedy I think, but no doubt there are people that do it. Hopefully there will be some left for next year!
Old 09-06-2006, 02:13 PM

mike : im good with getting an alternate

wi hunter: that had to suck with you falling and everything but its good to hear your shooting good! season starts here in 9 days!
Old 09-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Mike I don't know anyone that will shoot that many. Last year the 3 of us only shot a total of 3 deer with bow and NOTHING with a gun.

Here is the xRay of my ankle after the surgery. It did SUCK. October 23rd, 2004. Sad part is that was day one of18 days over a23 dayperiod I hadoff of work that year to hunt. It was going to be my year. Then in January my now ex decides she wants a divorce. Guess that was when things started to get better actually.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is one hell of an x-ray. Lots of hardware in there! I messaged Rob about an alternate so I'm guessing we should have one coming up soon. Back to work for me...yippy.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes there is a lot of metal in there. 2 plates and 12 screws. I was captain of "Lucky 13" that year on here. Not so lucky for me. Double Creek was on my team that year and I remember him telling me that I got "screwed literally".

Sorry to hear you are back to work. I never get anything done this time of year so I mainly just research things. I have wanted to get the summit climbing system for 2 years now and I think I am just going to make my own. For those that don't know what that is it is basically just a large rope tied at the top and bottom of the tree. Then you attach to it while climbing and decending. Besides myself I have my son Matt (18) who is joining the Navy and my girl friends son Tim (15) that are both hunting with me. NONE of us want to walk up and see someone lying on the ground because of a fall from the tree. This might seem like a stupid question and I hope it is but does EVERYONE use a harness when hunting from a tree?

Ok back to research. Where is everyone else on this team. Only 3 or 4 of us talking on here.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was checking out that climbing system as well. I use a climber so I think would be a little tough to use. I use the prussic hitch that comes with it and slide it up the tree as I go, which also works well. I'm pretty much afraid of heights so I always use my harness, I'll get dizzy in high shoes for god's sake! But, I'm getting braver with my climber and just really more comfortable with being up in the air. My goal is to be able to hunt @ 20' come season. Friday I'm going out for more climbing practice so hopefully I can get that high before I chicken out. I seem to always look down at just the right time and realize how high I am. Maybe I should do it blindfolded and climb and then take it off, and viola, 20 feet! I am very happy with the stand though as far as stablity and ease of use. I'm also impressed with the construction, it doesn't even flex under my considerable bulk!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:17 PM

i was also wondering where the rest of the team is
Old 09-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just hangin' out at work again. Friday's are pretty laid back, which is nice. After work, I'm going to go and play with my climber again, try to set a new record for myself. Getting pretty hot here today, around 86 or so they say..I was much enjoying the cooler temps of earlier in the week. Tomorrow is a 3D tourney that i'm shooting in, so that is slated to be a good time, although rain is forecast. Pretty quiet otherwise! Take care team mates!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty slow here as well. Just can't get my mind off of being in the trees. Probably won't be back to a computer until Monday (if I am lucky). As far as that rope climbing system goes I found Menards has 100 feet of a 3/8 rope but it says working load of only 244 pounds. I used some of this stuff to put small logs with my truck. I did have it break once but that was pulling a log I could not even lift. I would think it would work for this. Just not sure. Might have to try some test this weekend.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Team 30

113. YooperMike - Checked in!
Alt. Anthony T.
8. Rick James
330. cnapeswitchback
4. phall2
70. bob d
108. dangolbowhunter
272. Todd Graf
96. wihunter402
244. Pat Ely
Added Anthony T. to the team, please contact him and have him check in, I know he's chomping at the bit.

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.