Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

Go get 'em guys. Good to see you still out there. My season is over but it was a great year. Good luck to all of you still hunting and don't forget to POST PICTURES.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

Oh don't worry, there will be pictures if I get that big boy!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

dang wind won't quit. Coming out of the north adn the stand I want to hunt isn't right. It can handle any wind but one out of the north. I still have one more week. Pray that the wind stops.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw good buck yesterday, real nice 8 point 125-130". Problem was the doe that was nearly under me, before I realized it, spotted me too. Hewas following her along with about 5 other deer, all set to file right past me. Theyhad NEVER come from that way all year, which is directly behind me. It is a steep ridge behind me, and I was up 30' in my tree so I could see to on top of the ridge. The visibility was great as all the leaves and grass is down now. The doe and me were pretty much eye level when she spotted me as she was on the top of the ridge. Again, hadn't seen on there ALL year. Either way, still a good hunt, beautiful morning. It was my last one of the year and it was a good year. Good luck to those of you that are still hunting!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pat I will be praying for the wind to die down for you. Good luck getting out and finding something.

Mike sounds like you did have a great last hunt of the season. It is funny how much deer patterns change this time of year vs. the"regular" hunting season. I too had a great season even though all the deer were shot in the first 8 days. Once Matt headed off to the Navy it just really was not the same. I got out some but when you have been hunting with your kid since he was 2 it is just weird without him.

Good luck to all the rest of team"Double Lung" that are still hunting.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it's not the same wihunter, but this was the first year I hunted without my brother, and it took me a bit to get used to it. Just was different for me, kind of sad the first couple times out.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

Well the wind is blowing even harder today than it has. We had a dusting of snow but the dang wind just won't give up. God I want to get in a stand.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Now to top everything else off we are getting a ICE STORM.... The deer have no idea how lucky they are right now. I am GOING NUTS
Old 01-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pat - Did you ever get out? I heard you had that nasty weather down there. We can have all the best stands and get all the newest gear. We can practice until we can hit quarters at 30 yards but we CAN'T control that damn weather.[:@] Hope you got out at least once to end your season.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Well the season ended with me walking outside to go hunting and on my arse I went bow and all. Dang ice skating rink in my front yard. I still had to try and go but after the fall my arse and hands hurt so I said what a fitting end to the season.
Still was an awesome year though had one close and got one with a gun.

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.