67. ILL Buck Alt. MOmightymite 240. Rammer 315. Challynger 28. oneshot7 172...." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread >

35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread

Way to go on a great buck! That is definately a unique racked deer.

I sat in my stand last nite and had 2 raccoons climb up with me, and 6 more waddled by. Only critters in range last nite
Old 09-28-2006, 04:58 PM

Congrats Hillbilly on a nice buck. I'll see if I can help the team out any this weekend.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

well we lost 10 posts but none were deer so it is all right i guess
Old 10-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

So anyone had any luck? I've been busy as a MoFo combining corn/soybeans. Its sprinkling real lightly out tonite, so tomorrow evening I am planning on sitting in my stand if the 40mph wind dies down a ways. Saw a really nice 5x5 today on the edge of one of my soybean/corn fields. He was pretty wide, real good height, but lacked in mass. Still a 140s deer though. I knew I carried binocluars in the combine for a reason
Old 10-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

well gun season i sabout o come in here but i am leaving for illnois in a week on wed
Old 10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Nocked-down" a doe this evening. The new Trykon decided it was time for her to lose her V card

I got in my stand around 4:30 this afternoon. I forgot my cell phone in my pickup (I don't have a watch so this is the only way I can tell time), and I'd imagine I was there for a half hour or so when I heard movement in the cattails northeast of my stand. Pretty soon a doe came towards my stand with 2 fawns playing around her. They were eating leafs off a tree about 16 yards from my stand (no shot opportunity due to trees), and for some reason they decided not to go down the trail that would put them about 12 yards from my stand, and they started back into the slough. I got turned around on my stand and I had about a 6" hole to shoot thru. The doe decided it was time to take a #2 and I pulled on her. I figured the shot was 35-40 yards and I had my 30yard pin high on her and the 40 yard pin about 5" up from her brisket and I let it fly. Arrow hit true and she fell over after about 5 yards and then got up an went about 65-70 yards and expired. The Muzzy MX-4s did a wonderful job, best blood trail from a fixed head that I have ever seen. She was a very large doe, I'm guessing 180-200lbs almost. When I went to where she was standing when I shot, I lasered my treestand and it was 42 yards. Trykon did its job! Now, I just need a buck to come within range....I'll post up some pics once I get them off my camera.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Fork Horn

Must of been the night for team knockdown. I also shot a doe tonight!!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ILL Buck - Way to slaughter does One of these days we'll have the antlered species with points everywhere walk past the stand

Its raining hard and going to supposedly switch to snow tonite. I might be in my stand early in the AM to see how this weather affects the deer movement. See if I feel like driving semi or hunting in the AM anyway LOL
Old 10-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

mihgt go in a few but itll be witht he smokepole i am saving up all of my bowhunting skills for illinois
Old 10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

One down. Been hunting for the big one I got on camera this August and have seen him twice, but no shot. This past weekend it opened in WV, and I saw three nice bucks Sat. morning. Sat. evening this one came in, and I didn't want to drive the 8 hour round trip and go home with nothin, so I shot him...6 yards. Not the big one I wanted...yet, I still have a WV tag and a PA tag, so I'll keep hunting. I'll score it and enter it for our team here in the next day.

Quick Reply: 35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.