67. ILL Buck Alt. MOmightymite 240. Rammer 315. Challynger 28. oneshot7 172...." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread >

35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread

Well, the wind switched a lil bit so I went an sat for 3 an a half hours in the stand tonite. Felt great being out with the bow in hand!

On my way into the stand (1 mile walk), I saw 2 does feeding on the edge of the corn field, and 1 buck. I slipped into my stand and just got situated when I had a doe walk out at 24 yards (I guessed the trail wrong earlier, thought it was 22 yards). It was very very very tempting to run her thru, but at this point I also had 4 different bucks about 150 yards away from me. I never saw the big 5x5 tonite, but there is a big 5x4 in this spot that is definately going to get shot if he comes close enuf. By the end of the nite I had 2 does go past me on the trail at 24 yards, 7 different bucks, and about 200 pheasants. We just got a lull in the rain this afternoon and I didn't get on stand early enuf, the deer had been bedded for probably 2 days waitin the rain out, so once it quit this afternoon I think they started moving. I got out of my stand before the bucks made their way back past my stand to their bedding location. Will probably go sit if the wind is right starting at 3 or so tomorrow afternoon. Going to shoot ducks an geese again in the AM with a few buddies.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

well congrats are these whtetails or muleys rammer just curious well i went yesterday and saw a big 0 but i gotta go set up my satnd in stead of a blind so i can see down the ridge
Old 09-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

These were all whitetails. The wind is perfect today. Going to go sit around 3:30 or 4'ish so I beat the movement tonite. One of my buddies stuck a doe this morning, now I really have the bug....
Old 09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

saw my biggun today but got winded by a doe will not return until tuesday
Old 09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

So I got some BAD news........My hotspot (I've been hunting this spot since I was 12), got invaded yesterday by another archer. The dumb*** hung a treestand in there last nite an hunted it last nite. This evening I was in my stand and he shows up on the north end of the property in his pickup, parks in plain site of the feeding area, bedding area, water.......walks to the trees and gets in his stand. In the process he kicked out probably 20 deer. What really makes me mad is this guy is the luckiest hunter I know, he shoots a P&Y buck every year, but never recovers a deer for a good day to day an half, and I'm usually the one that tracks 'em down and kills them for him. So I went an talked to the landowner after dark, and he goes "ya he stopped in yesterday after he saw a monster in there and asked to hunt, have you seen that big buck yet?". MAD

So now I have added pressure in my spot, added scent, I thought I only had this problem when hunting public ground and now its just about on my doorstep [:@]
Old 09-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

4 more days....
Old 09-26-2006, 03:52 PM

score from the Hillbilly ..... Post goiong up now....

Old 09-26-2006, 03:56 PM

I do not see my name on team 35 anymore.... I have not been in the forum for a few days now since I was hunting.. Am I stioll on this team., I need to know before i post the score and everything????
Old 09-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea youre on the team check the first page i jsut forgot to put a smily by your name just post it and tell the score and the team you are on Rob knows
Old 09-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

3 more days....

Quick Reply: 35- Team "Nockdown" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.