Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Man we need to keep in touch. Thought I would start up a thread seeing that last years is gone.

Hope all is well. Bucks in velvet are soooooo cool.
Mark
Old 06-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team XX check in

Im here, man I cant wait until September!!!!!! This summer has been so crazy, I have not had time to even put my camera out yet, but I have the day off today, so I am planning on going out and puting some film in it, and just check out my stands. But first, my wife and I are going to spend the whole day on our motorcycles! She just bought a little Honda Rebel 250, so this will be our first big day on seperate bikes.Well I hope everyone else is doing good, I will check iin here a little more often than in the past. Later guys!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm here. From the looks of turkey season, deer sightings this fall should be easy to come by. We'll still see how many big boys reveal themselves by the season. There's always some around.

Make sure you all wish Quick a big congrats on tying the knot. I'm sure he'll be posting here soon.

Later guys.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Rybo. Hopefully she doesn't throw me out in bow season.

I just got out my bow yesterday for the first time since this spring. Everything looks to be in fine working order. I've seen a horde of bucks already on afew groundhog hunting trips. Their racks are filling out nicely, and in a month they should be finished up. Nothing huge yet, but anything in that 100+ range is enough to get me excited.

In the coming weeks, I'll have to start shootingperiodically andspotting at night time. Same story as every year.Hopefully no surprises. I will have to reposition myself to account for crop rotation, but I'm thinking my stands from last year are probably only gonna get better. The hayfields are coming off now, so I'll be getting after the hogs again soon, and I'll get a better feel for what's lurking in the deerwoods.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

I's here guys - sorry it has been a while - have just been slammed here at the office (but just don't seem to be getting much accomplished) - gotta get that changed.

Congrats Quick - sorry I will get the prints out (everytime I think about them I am not there)

gotta run - talk to you all later - Mike
Old 06-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys. just checking in. I'm getting the bow out this weekend for a once over, if all is well, I'll start to practice next week.

BTW, anyone else get their prizes today? Some awesome stuff in there. Thanks HNI
Old 06-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Hey how is everyone doing. I have not been on much either but that is going to change. I did not get anything as far as prizes yet but can't wait to see what we get.

Quick congrats on getting married!!! I have not had a chance to do the euro mount yet it is still in the freezer. I am going to try and contact the head of zoolgy hear at the university and see if the beetles need a little snack.

I hope all is going well and I can't wait for the season to start back up. Talk at you all later.

William
Old 06-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

OK - getting ready to leave for a long weekend - YIPPEE

have a happy and safe 4th everyone!

OH- by the way I am heading to KC this weekend need a little Cabela's stock up for September.

Later - Mike
Old 07-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys, Good to see everyone. First things first, Quick, congrats! You have now officially get to SHARE your time!

I am slammed here with work, building and scouting in the evenings. I videoed 8 bucks this evening. They are starting to reveal themselves. Everytime I walk by my shed antlers in the basementI think of you guys and know I need to getthose rattles and elk antlers out. This is it! I have 4 days off for the 4th...get me your addy info again guys please.....

Hey can you guys pm me your addys again. My list is at my school and live a long ways from where I teach/work. My summer work is another hour south, so I will NOT be getting over to my school anytime soon to pull up that list. I know I should have emailed it to my home before I left work. Well I didnt, go figure!Thanks though fellas.... Remember anyone that wants a single elk shed instead of rattling antlers let me know. I will do the engraving...on either..

The house is coming along nicely, the shop and car port dirt work is all done, I built a big front yard with my dozer and added to our back yard, my wife and I planted it this afternoon work work work!!!. Our place is really getting a face lift. Construction starts right after the 4th. Our permits are all cleared and good to go. Been loggin all this week too. busy busy, put in a 2 acre food plot site for a good friend whom I logging for. He planted it today. He is going to irrigate it to catch it up. I got so much going on I cant find anytime to get on here cept for late...

Troy

P.S I've been shooting my bow, got the glendel buck target( its SWEET!)refletched some arrows with blazers and easycrest wraps they turned out pretty nice. I got out yesterday for 2 hours and moved a stand, Lord willing, I am gonna kill a big buck under that buggar! There are a couple dandies living in there. I bought the cuddleback no flash and cancelled my backorder on the leaf river, I will let you guys know how I like it. It should be here thursday or friday.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok Guys, I am building the Rattling antlers today! I will start with 6 sets. That way a few of you guys that want an ELK SHED instead can let me know...

MAKE SURE AND LET ME KNOW...

ELK or Rattles!

Here are the 12 sheds I paired up a few minutes ago for rattles and here is my pile of elk sheds I am pulling the elk bones from. Remember you dont get my 350 class elk sheds!!!! But I will make sure you get a 5 or 6 point side... if you want an elk shed...

Troy

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.