" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread >

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

you guys are done with bow season already? where are you again? Our bow season is really long here in NE it starts on the 15th of september goes until the 11th of november and then opens back up on the 20th of november until december 31st. The only reason it is shutdown from the 11th until the 20th is for rifle season there is actually only three places in nebraska that you can bow hunt during rifle season and you have to get special permission that they do a drawing for every year.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:28 AM

Sorry I haven't posted in a while folks, but I've been hunting pretty hard. I spent most of the weekend looking for a nice 8-pt I hit Friday morning, but no luck. The only thing I can think that might have went wrong is I was very high (30' or better) and there was a loud crack when the arrow hit. I think I may have busted through the shoulder, skipped down and out the bottom without hitting lungs. I think when hunting with bow gear that high you really need to let the deer get 20 yards or more away from the tree - this one was only 10.

I followed him for nearly a quarter mile, then blood dried up and I used my gps to grid search a square mile - nothing.

Yesterday was the first of four gun-days at Crane. I saw 9 deer (only hunted the morning), several bucks but only one shooter - could not get a clean shot at him (guess I'm gun shy now).

I'll be back in the woods with my bow this evening, but losing a buck like that really takes the wind out of your sails...I'm hanging in, but pretty depressed about that 8. He was probably close to P&Y, but that's not the issue. I've been bow hunting long enough to know better than a shot like that.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

JJ don't let your miss fortune get you down, yes it sucks but it happens to the best of us. Keep your head up and your arrows straight
Old 11-15-2006, 12:07 PM

sorry guys i havnt posted in awile got into my new place was staying with my mom, tthen we had 2 friends die last week one from cancer, one a bd acciedent at work that i had to respond to , so i havnt hit the woods to hard but this weekend i will be back to it. are season is till sat, after thanksgiving so we can only hope for a good outcome
Old 11-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Typical Buck

i'm sorry for your loss...i'll send up a prayer.

congrats on the nice bucks...

sorry i haven't been around too...my husband and i decided to file for divorce last weekand that's takin' up a lot of my time..it's my first and LAST marriageEVER....lol...12yrsis a long enough term...lol...i'll begun huntin' this weekend but i think it's going to be more like relaxing than huntin'...may even bring a pillow..lol...hopefully i'll have a monster come by.

good luck to y'all and i'll try to get back soon...take care.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

jamie also sorry to hear about your misfortune. wish you the best. Going to South Dakota for some rifle hunting this weekend hopefully that will be fullfilling. Best of luck to the rest of the team hope we can get some scores on the board.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:32 PM

thank you folks been warm in ma. latley ,were suppose to get a little cold spell for my monday morning hunt , been talking to some of my friends and dosnt seem there in the full rut yet seen some single does down the road just eating in a field but its posted mybe next year i can get some permmission,sorry to here about your divorce fl.huntress,good luck folks we have some fine deer already we just need alittle luck on are side
Old 11-17-2006, 07:30 PM

I'm so sorry you guys are having so much trouble.

I don't understand why, but when i tried to load my buck picture on the score page I get the error "not the right file type" - go figure. When ever I get the pic loaded we'll get the new score added. He's not a giant, but he'll do for now - 108 6/8 gross. Don't understand. It loaded in my gallery, but won't load in a post.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

JJ good buck congrats! Not a good weekend in South Dakota this weekend seen 8 does and 1 buck that was at a dead sprint so I had no shot. Damn near got one with the pick-up Saturday night, that would have been two years in a row.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:00 PM

Here's the buck my son took the next day - it's his first with his bow! He's spoiled now.

Quick Reply: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.