" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread >

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 07:54 AM

Default RE: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Wells guys and gals the real bow season officially starts for me tomorrow. I haven't been out since my ML buck due to being busy with work and family obligations. I don't have to be back to work until Nov 13th and Ihave nothing to do but hunt.......every day all day. I can't wait to get into the stand tomorrow morning, this is my favorite time of year to be hunting, I think I'm more pumped now than I was the day before the season opened. I have 2 bow buck tags burning a hole in my pocket but I will try to be as picky as possible and take a buck that will help us out in the contest.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! Missed the biggest deer I have ever seen in my life last saturday, and passed a 5x5 that I will probably regret until I shoot him next year and he is a 6x6! Well hope everyone is enjoying there time in the woods!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:33 AM

doing great guys going out in the next hour going to try this new area ,never been there before i no its hunted during shotgun but there arnt to many bowhunters that go there,theres alot of hard woods and theres a little stream going threw so it wont hurt to try it, luck could be on my side,good luck guys
Old 11-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Host of Hosts

Lefty26, Rob is asking for you to cast a vote on whether to allow 2 guys who either didn't have a bow pictured in his entry photo or another who had only a deer photo, no pic of him or bow. It's up to you as our Captain.

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical. This rule will be enforced this year, no exceptions with no apologies.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:22 PM

Give me you opinions and I will cast our vote. My position is this contest is just for fun so I don't care if they are entered. I trust the guys on here to tell the truth.

On a side note 'Ol Lefty whacked a buck tonight. Hes a big mature buck but hes only a 7pter. I thought he was an 8 when I shot but he is missing a g3. He has a 19 1/4 inside spread and decent mass so I think he will score over 100". I'm guessing 110-115. I just got back to the house and will post story and pics tomorrow. He is my best bow buck to date so I am pumped as can be, I passed up some smaller bucks this evening and was begining to doubt any big boys were going to give me a chance. But this guy came out of no where at last light and I laid the smack down on him. No matter what he scores I'm thrilled and he will help out our total.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:15 AM
Host of Hosts

Give me you opinions and I will cast our vote. My position is this contest is just for fun so I don't care if they are entered. I trust the guys on here to tell the truth.

Lefty if that's how you feel about it then its OK with me to let them slide. I was just pointing out Rob's wording at the bottom" No Exceptions", but it's cool.

Congrats on the buck! Good job. I'm hoping to bag mine this coming week I have alot of time to huntbetween Mondayand Saturday.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:38 AM

Ok folks heres the story on my buck....

It actually started Wednesday morning when my boss's boss called me into work to tell me my position was being eliminated and I won't have a job after Jan 1st. Well needless to say this put a damper in my week and I was pretty bummed out. I didn't make it out of bed as planned for my morning hunt yesterday. By the time I finally got up and made it to the woods it was 11am. I settled into my stand to ready for action and I waited.....and I waited and I waited, and nothing was happening.

Finally around 4:30 after a short rattling sequence I see a deer making its way towards me. It turned out being a small spike, 5 min later I hear something behind me and I look and its another spike. Next I had a doe come running in and I was sure something was going to be behind her chasing, but nothing followed. She took up feeding behind me, I was getting ready to shoot the doe but I figured she made a good live decoy. A couple minutes later I hear footsteps again and a small 4 pt steps out and begins feeding, he started making his way down the hill so I started messing with him, I would grunt and he would take a few steps my way then loose interest so then I bleated and he would head my way then loose interest. We played this game for a couple of minutes and I was having fun messing with this little dude.

All of the sudden the 4pt looks down the hill and gets real tense, then he starts doing the moonwalk, walking backwards all stiff legged. I see a big body making it's way through the woods and then see the rack......finally a shooter. The big boy is about 40 yards below me and he is just feeding making his way up the hill, normally I would have just let him do his thing and wonder in to me but I was running out of light fast. I pulled out the can call and hit it, he looked up the hill and went back to feeding, I hit it again and he looked but this time he saw that doe that was feeding behind me. That got him fired up, he let out a grunt and started my way. I was pretty calm up until this point but once I realized I was going to get a shot I started shaking a bit. He was making his way towards me and he was about to hit a shooting lane that put him 15 yards broadside, before he could get to that lane though he hit the trail I walked in on, this locked him up for a sec and he turned and came right at me. He walked under my tree and then turned again walking straight away. I was then faced with the "do you take the straight down shot senario", Imade a decision to take the shot, I drew put my pin behind his shoulders and let the big dog eat. I heard the arrow smack and he dropped to the ground. He was kicking a little so I put another arrow in the boiler room and waited for him to stop moving before I climbed down. When I got to him I realized he was missing a g3 but he is still my best bow buck and I'm pumped.

I primarly hunt public land and I was over a mile from the truck, luckily I knew some buddies that were hunting nearby and I was able to get some help dragging him out. It still took us 3.5 hours to get him out of the woods. I'm getting ready to go score him nowand take him to the taxidermist. Any guesses on what he scores?

Old 11-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

very nice buck!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

lefty great deer! The rut is really starting to kick in here in Ne, took a buddy of mine out last night and set up the ol' carry lite doe and he shot a nice 4x4 that came in tounge hangin out look for some lovin(but all he got was the shaft) sorry thought that was funny!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

I'm with you on the score probably about 115-125

Quick Reply: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.