" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread >

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:58 AM

Default RE: 2- Team Official Thread

Those are some nice looking squirrels, good to see the youngsters out there enjoying the outdoors!!!! We need to get more of these kids off their butts and out in the woods. I can't wait to my little girl out in the woods.

greatwhitehunter101 still has not checked in so I requested an alternate for him. Hopefully they will assign someone within the next day or 2.

As for hunting tactics....In MD its hard to find private land soI mostly hunt public. This leaves out hang-ons and ladder stands. Most days in the woods its just me and my trusty Summit. We do have some good public land with a lot of big bucks though, this year I am going to try some different tactics to get on some of those big bucks early in the season. There is one area in particular that always hold big deer, its real thick bedding area that isn't far from some bean fields. I usually try to stay away from the bedding area and hunt between the beds and beans. Those big boys don't hit the fields though until after dark most of the time. I am going to try and get aggressive early and hunt right on the edge of the bedding area this year. I want to try to get on one of those big bucks before everyone else gets in there and messes up their patterns. If I was hunting private land I wouldn't try this I would pattern the deer and wait for them to come to me. But I think with all of the other hunters on public land I need to make the first move. What do you guys think?

Old 09-08-2006, 07:59 AM

Given your situation Lefty, I'd have to agree. If the pressure is high you basically have two options - get there first, or go so deep no one in their right mind would do it (that fits me to a tee).

You might consider EXTREMLY early on pushing bedding. Watch the wind, get in there about two hours before sunrise (if not earlier), push right to the edge and wait. If you get lucky they'll stage a bit near bedding just long enough to get an arrow in them. I've never had much luck pushing bedding in the evening - those big boys always seem to pick me off if they're in their beds; it's what they do.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Old 09-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

THIS IS A LITTLE BETTER
Old 09-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: jamiebuck

Team 2.

203. JeremiahJohnson
Alt. fl.huntress
289. Lefty26
297. SWMIBowHunter
66. FOP23
Alt. palmergt3
30. jamiebuck
105. ryanhm82
163. TRYKONOISSUER
136. ccm352
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU GUYS
Added fl.huntress to the team, please contact her and welcome her aboard. Good luck team 2...and come up with a name.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Host of Hosts

Thanks Rob, will do!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Spike

sorry i haven't posted in a while. ive been to busy scouting. i just picked up another 1500 acres to hunt. im going to go scout it in a couple of days. the area its in is known for big bucks.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

hey thanks for the emails....leavin' for georgia EARLY thursday a.m to do a lil bow huntin' before season starts here in florida....can't wait....i'll let y'all know how it goes...good luck to all y'all and y'all be safe.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:14 AM

Welcome to the team.

I'll be in your great state tomorrow on business travel. I work for the U.S. Navy and will be in Panama City visiting Coastal Systems Station.

Don't forget the rules - if you take a buck in GA, make it a big one!!! LOL - good luck.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.