" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread >

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:01 AM

Default RE: 2- Team Official Thread

What's up team 2. Everyone ready for another great season? I live in MD and our bow season starts 9/15. I am less than a month away from slinging some arrows. I was a member of the Elite 8 team that won this thing the first year. I'm a little bitter about loosing last year, so we need to put up some good numbers and take back the title. I think we need to elect a captain and develop our logo. Any volunteers for either of these tasks?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Lefty just try to keep your eyes open when you shoot.

Good luck this year.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:15 AM

glad t see were all checking in and ready to roll,jeremiah hope your feeling better 20 yards is good up close and personal,wwere still missing a few people,does anyone have ideas for a team name,ill try to think of some
Old 08-24-2006, 11:09 AM

Just got back from putting up a stand during lunch - same spot where I took the consolation 8-pt you see to the left under my name. Hopefully that 10-pt that came through last year that I didn't get a shot at will reappear and go down to the mighty Mathews XT! Ran out of time today, but will go back and clear some lanes tomorrow - new strategy based on new intel.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:22 AM

How about "Horns-o-Plenty" with antlers inside the traditional Thanksgiving icon?

Old 08-24-2006, 11:37 AM

jeremiah, i got 3 stands up myself and i always got my trusty climber,in case a find a little honey hole,that looks like a nice 8,you have there good luck on the 10,
does everyone hunt on private or public land , i hunt both one of the areas had so many does we had to take some out ,its some hard hunting around herenot alot of fields just woods and more woods, theysay there s about 90.000-95.000 deer in ma.will be bear hunting on sept.5 in ma. mybe ill see some nice bucks i can focus on
team name ? out for mass
bucks or bust
the chosen ones
heres a few you guys dont have to like them ,just suggestions[8D]
Old 08-24-2006, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: JeremiahJohnson

How about "Horns-o-Plenty" with antlers inside the traditional Thanksgiving icon?

miss that JJ THAT SOUNDS GREAT
Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 PM

If someone has one of those thanksgiving "horns-o-plenty" horns, and then fill it to overflowing with antlers instead of vegetables and fruit - that would be a cool icon for the "Horns-o-Plenty" name, should we select that name. If we have an artsy type on our team, maybe someone could draw it. I always thought that would make a cool tee-shirt.

Thanks for the comments on the 8-pt. He was a nice buck, but missed P&Y by 10 inches. The 10-point would have been a 140 class, not very wide but nice and tall.

I mostly hunt NSWC Crane, where I work - 64,000 acres of government land. The bigger bucks hang out around the perimeter because that's where the corn and beans grow. I also hunt some private land until gun season starts, then I stay safely out of harms way on Crane property.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Host of Hosts

Votewithdrawn,for now till we get a few more sugestions and everyone signs in.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

How about "The bucks stop here" for a team name?

Quick Reply: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.