" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread >

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Rubs and acorns all over the ridgetops in Western PA. Seeing lots of buck sign 10 days before the opener.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:52 AM

The oaks have been litterally RAINING in my part of Indiana. The persimmon crop looks to be good again this year. Just found out yesterday I have turkeys coming to my new feeder - cool.

Our youth weekend (doe only) is this weekend - hopefully we can post something from my son Casey.

The opener is 1 October - 10 days and counting!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

hope y'all are seein' more than i did while in georgia...my husband got a nice doe (after running over his crossbow and having the limb split on his new one...lol.)...my hounddog and i found her in a cotton field...it was her first true recovery...i was beyond proud....my next hunt will be thursday morning (next week)...good luck to all y'all...can't wait to see pics of those monsters.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:26 AM

These next 9 days cant come fast enough..
Old 09-23-2006, 08:32 PM

How many of you guys are hunting already? First 2 days were good for me but it has dropped off since. Weahter has been warm, acorns are dropping everywhere and the deer just arn't moving much. Hopefully it will cool down next week andthings will pick up a bit.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:43 AM

ive been out bear hunting but nothing are season just ended yesterday, waiting for the deer season cant come quick enough,we have alot of acorns falling this year, good luck guys and girls[8D]
Old 09-25-2006, 04:59 AM

Our youth weekend came and went. We could not hunt Sunday, but did hunt Saturday until the monsoons came. My neighbor's boy had a trophy 8-pt within 20 yards for a half hour, but with Indiana's restriction to doe-only for the youth weekend all he could do was watch. It was the only deer any of us saw all weekend.

Traded a guitar for a brand new Summit Viper SS treestand and put it together last night. Our season opens this coming Sunday - we'll be out there Sunday evening.

Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:17 AM

nice trade JJ ,to bad on the youth hunt fiqures 8pt was there and he wasnt able to shoot it ,but atleast he got to watch him for awile
Old 09-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Who on the team is hunting already? If so what are you seeing, our team needs to make some noise once PA season comes in on Sat. did anyone check the scorecard? A guys scored big in MD last week.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:24 PM

Took my Switchback to the Mathews dealer for a little tune-up. Changed my fall-away rest for a Wisker Biscuit Deluxe - awesome move! She's driving tacks to 40 yards now and I can move that bow any way I want and the arrow doesn't move. We're in good shape for Sunday's opener now.

I tried to crank Casey's Mustang down, but managed to get the limbs out of time. He needs his draw length increased anyway. We get that done he'll be ready.

We start shooting broadheads tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.