Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread >

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 24 check in thread

went out this morning for a couple of hours, but the conditions werent the greatest to be hunting on the ground. It was REALLY windy, which doesnt make for good hunting conditions period. I was basically out there just to get out for a while. I am going to hang some stands here in a little while, maybe this afternoon or tomm. i give her another go
Old 09-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

is there anyone seeing anything or had any close encounters with some bucks?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:59 PM

so i didnt even get a chance to go out this weekend. this week was homecoming so i was out real late friday and then i had to work all day saturday and i was dead tired. on sunday i had to go out of town all day so that kind of sucked. my friend saw a buck last night towards last light and couldnt tell how big it was but it was pretty good sized and it walked into the woods where my stand is. this next weekend im going up to my cabin and i know theres tons of deer there. hopefully i will see a big one. im pretty sure the big boys are down in this valley behind my cabin that has a stream thru it. im pretty pumped to get out and find a nice tall pine to climb with the new gorilla climber i got out of sportsmans guide (awesome stand and a great price check it out if u need a new climber)hopefully i just dont run into any bears cuz they hang out in that valley too.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Hazcon... To be honest, I flat-out keep forgetting to check in here! [:-]Nope, wasn't videoing. Cool thing, though: I ordered in the 1st season of Lee & Tiff on DVD, and my wife watched all of it with me... She's volunteering to go sit with me sometimes and shoot video for me. How cool is that?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

thats cool greg mo

well yesterday it finally quit raining so i went to my new spot and hung my stand and hung my camera for a few days.I may go see if it caught any pictures, i wanted to see if deer actually passed through there during daylight. I may get to hunt i another place this afternoon, id love to put some meat in the freezer.Ill update you guys this afternoon. As for now its off to school
Old 09-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

You guys are lucky to be hunting already. my season dosent open for another 3 weeks
Old 09-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

My "real" season doesn't open until Oct. 1st either... That'd be Illinois, by the way...
Old 09-27-2006, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i went out last night and sat in my newly hung stand and i didnt see anything, i did see a bunch of squirrels,and i had an arrow just for a squirrel but i missed the little bugger . Anyway, this spot is hit or miss because its just a travel corridor for the deer, i havent hunted it in the morning yet, maybe i will sturday.I'llkeep ya posted
Old 09-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't checked in here in a while.

My season stars this Sat. I have caught about 4 different buck on my trail cam. Good news is that they are all during daylight and are all legal shooters here in PA. Bad news is that they are not really big. Threes 6's and a 5 pointer.
The 5 pointer is different because he has no brow tines with a fork onthe rightside and three points on the main frame of the left. None of the6'swill score high, maybe in the mid 80's. I have 2 doe tags too so I will probably shoot the first doe or legal buck I see. Hopefully I will be able to add some points for the team.

Mr. D

Old 09-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

yup if everyone can add some points i think wed win no matter if they are big or not

Quick Reply: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.