2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

31-Team Drop Tine Bombers

Old 08-29-2006, 04:25 PM

Default RE: Team 31 check in thread-

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

I like any name! don't matter

Trembow
Let me know I'm off work from the Sunday before bow season until 2nd week in Dec. I think I have 3 or 4 days inbetween that I have to work but I'm working on getting them off two. I will be in Maine during the week overlap of Oct. and Nov. and Ct. the week before Thanksgiving and maby a couple days the next week. But other then that I'm a go. I usually bow hunt alone and have a couple good spots. So let me know. As soon as this rain stops I'm going to start putting up some stands.
Cool beans! I have to work out my schecule as well. I'll grab a calendar and see what dates line up!

Whereabouts do you hunt in CT? My sister lives down in Old Lyme and I keep meaning to take the time to hunt down there. We could start next week for cryin out loud!
Old 08-29-2006, 04:27 PM

"Steaming Piles" is just plain wrong Unless we were a cowchip throwin team

Maximus Raximus ?

How many are we waiting on to sign in too? Maybe we should start PM'ing people?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:44 PM

Tine Bomb

Use something like this with a big angry buck or a rack somehow for an avatar:

Old 08-29-2006, 04:46 PM

Tine bomb is my favorite so far. I saw a buck where i hunt today. only a spiker but hey, thats big news for me as i havent seen half as many deer this year as last. Im getting serious about checking fields every night now. Hopefully one of the local big guys will show up!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking out my window right now I hav a big doe and 2 fawns in my yard munching the grass (I guess) there still all red heads soon their coats should start changing to their winter coats and turn brown. Just thought you guys might get a charge out of that. I'd get a charge if a big buck would show up. Haven't seen a buck in my yard since last years rut.

Trembow,
I hunt in Planville and Voluntown Ct. not really that far from your sister.And your right the Bow season starts down there on the 15th of Sept. But with the price of gas so high I'm not going down there till gun season. I figured if I was to go down there to bow hunt it would cost me at least $75 per trip on gas then I'd need a place to stay another $75 a night plus food and the extras about $200.00 a week so I belive I'll pass this year. My problem is that I am off Mondays and Tuesdays and no one is off those days they are usually off week ends so I'm on my own with no one to share costs with me.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha so many names, how about the Drop Tine Bombers, Team Droppin Tine Bombs... no idea here guys just throwing them out there.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

Looking out my window right now I hav a big doe and 2 fawns in my yard munching the grass (I guess) there still all red heads soon their coats should start changing to their winter coats and turn brown. Just thought you guys might get a charge out of that. I'd get a charge if a big buck would show up. Haven't seen a buck in my yard since last years rut.

Trembow,
I hunt in Planville and Voluntown Ct. not really that far from your sister.And your right the Bow season starts down there on the 15th of Sept. But with the price of gas so high I'm not going down there till gun season. I figured if I was to go down there to bow hunt it would cost me at least $75 per trip on gas then I'd need a place to stay another $75 a night plus food and the extras about $200.00 a week so I belive I'll pass this year. My problem is that I am off Mondays and Tuesdays and no one is off those days they are usually off week ends so I'm on my own with no one to share costs with me.
I hear ya Mike. I'm hoping that maybe this winter I'll take some time down at my sister's scouting around to learn the area. The problem with that place is it IS LYME connecticut. Namesake of the disease! My bro-in-law and nephew have each been treated twice! And they don't even go in the woods! Winter is the only time I'd be comfortable nosing around without spending the whole time checking for ticks every few steps!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: dwd2001
Drop Tine Bombers.
I like it!
Can we put it to a vote?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:03 PM

Drop Tine Bombers sounds good to me
Old 09-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Trembow,
If that place needs to be hunted I volunteer I,m not sceard. Actually I hadd the LYMERIX shots while they were offering them, they must have worked as I hunted Nantucket, and I used to hunt Lyme CT. in the state forest and never a twinge. and belive I'v had ticks all over me ya can't help it sometimes. My friend was just treated for Lyme the whole left side of his face froze up they put him on strong antibotics and he seems fine now. He got it at a cook out in Brockton. So I woulden't let the ticks stop me you can get lyme anywhere it seems.

Again what ever name you guys want I'll go for. A name is a name but when it comes time for the shooting I want straight shooting. Thats all I ask!!! Aned hopefully I will take my own advice.

OK has everyone picked out what stand they are going to take for opening day..............Well...............What are you waiting for. Geterdone. Mike

Quick Reply: 31-Team Drop Tine Bombers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.