Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:52 PM

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

The good news is once you get it scored correctly it will count!
We are on the board
Now the rest of have to get busy and get some bucks so you aren't carrying the whole team
Old 10-30-2006, 06:40 AM

Went out yesterday for 4 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon and didn't see ANY deer[]
Old 10-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys i can say i have had better luck than what i had this past weekend.
Saturday afternoon just as dark fell I was on my way home from visting my dad. My son was with me at the time.
Wewere about 3 miles from my home. We had justturned west onto a countyhighway that would take us back to the house.
I had not gone an 1/8 mile when all i saw was a blurr out of the corner of my eye i seen him just as he jump into my lane I didn`t even have time to hit the breaks a 1 1/2 old 6 point slamed into my 05 f150 damaging the hole left side.
Left frt fender, hood, grill, head lamp assy, left ft door,mirror ect..[:'(]
Thank god No one was hurt.
Justa nice truckdamaged.
I was trying to get home so i could get everything ready to hunt sunday morning[&:]
Oh-well there is always next week.
I hope you guys had better luck.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:06 PM

Congrats Pete!!!

Well fellas, I haven't seen anything yet. My week of vacation at the lease was nice......a freakin monsoon came through Wednesday thru Friday! If any deer were in East TX, they were wearing scuba gear. I actually hunted Tuesday evening andWednesday morning without more than a sprinkle. Wednesday afternoon I decided I'd better wear my raingear and it's a good thing. I sat 3.5 to 4 hours Wednesday eve in a steady rain. Actually, I really enjoyed it. It was peaceful and occasionally it would slack off to a heavy sprinkle and a few birds and squirrels would start messin around a little. It was raining so hard Thursday morn, I did not hunt. I caught a break in the rain and loaded my truck and went home. Out of those hunts I saw ZERO deer. Tryin not to get discouraged.

Went back to the lease Friday with the family, but did notmake it in time to hunt that evening. Youth season was on Saturday and Sunday, so I sat in the stand with my boy. Saturday we didn't see anything but Sunday a big fat doe steps out for him! The only problem was thathe had just stepped out the door to "take a leak" and he was busted. She was staring right at us. He did great and froze solid but the damage was already done, flag went up and she was gone. He was excited though, after that I didn't hear anymore about him being bored and getting all discouraged, he just wanted to hunt some more. Next time, hopefully dad won't forget the pee jug.(still kickin myself for that one)

Yesterday(Sunday), I was riding around the lease between hunts and I jumped a BEAUTIFUL 8 pt with his nose right up a does hind end. I mean, 15 yards in front of me, it was a great boost to my confidence. I'm glad to finally see things moving around the lease. Maybe a lil rut action pickin up in time for this weekend.

Our season is closed til Saturday morning, so I'll have to wait til then. However, Saturday is the "general season" opener, so I'm sure the lead is gonna be flyin. I'm stickin with my bow, but I do hope all my members get a deer. This break til Saturday will do me some good.

Good Luck!

Waid
Old 11-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

hey guys we have all been pretty quiet on here lately. is anyone having any luck or has it been slow everywhere. i havent been out much at all, i was out last friday and that was the last time. i had no luck.

this weekend is firearm opener so i will be out with my trusty shotgun. and the following i will be out with the rifle, so i wont be bowhunting anytime soon probably.

does day light savings time really screw up anyone else? it sucks for me, cuz i cant even hunt after work anymore.

well good luck guys and shoot straight.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Team #23

Sorry for not posting of late,been busy with my daughter, she just had a baby boy at noon today and now I'm painting the room for my guest. So I'll be tied up for at least till Saturday night . Sorry but that's life and it really ticks me of cause the bucks from what I've heard are starting to move and push the does,checking for estrus scent. So from what I'm hearing the next 5 days will be crucial to be on stand as much as you can stand to stay up their[8D].
MNhunter I wish you luck with your muzzle loader season and rifle season.Now from my stand point, I hope you can put in the time for your bow hunting contest team,we owe it to one another and have commited to the team concept. Just my feelings[:'(]Lets have funSorry[]Just a long day guys,Good luck to team 23 andhunt safely.
Rocky
Old 11-02-2006, 06:17 AM

Rocky, Congrats on the new grandson!!!!!

I'll be in the stand Saturday morning and as many hours as my rear-end, back, and legs will allow for the next week. Yep, another week of vacation begins when I get off work today!!! It's a little cooler this morning, the hair on my neck is tingling, and I think I smell a hot doe right now. I'm gettin awfully jittery sittin here at work.

Hey Pete, any news yet on the score of your buck??

Y'all be careful, shoot straight,and Good Luck!

Waid
Old 11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: youngfart

Team #23

Sorry for not posting of late,been busy with my daughter, she just had a baby boy at noon today and now
Rocky
Hay congrats on the boyrocky thats great!
I will be out hunting fri,sat,sunday.Its time we turned up the heat a little on the other teams. Good luck! Go team-23
Old 11-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't put much pressure on my areas until Nov. So now I will be hunting every chance I get. The bucks are starting to move like Rocky mentioned and I have stands that I havn't even touched just for this moment. Good luck guys and keep up the good fight.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:49 PM

Yeah good luck fellas!

I check back in around the 13th if I can. We'll be startin a short shutdown here at work that day. But until then, I'll be in a tree!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Waid

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.