Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

Glad you made it through your hectic day TX. Sounds like you have a great spot. Why wait so long to hang your stands? Are you concerned about theft? I'm going to ask Rob when the deadline is for no shows. I wish 14mercs would make an appearence. Get that name picked boys, I like antler mafia also.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:56 PM

Well that's3 votes for sure for Antler Mafia
I say we just pick it and be done with the name?

Old 09-01-2006, 09:22 PM

Oh yeah, Welcome Pahunter!!!!

Buell, no, Pa-Law didn't kill me, just said a few choice words followed by "HAPPENS!" I kinda got off the hook a little more since he broke his hay baler today because of a goof-up.

Motown, I kinda just ran out of time this week. Actually, in one of the spots I've already attached my Swift-tree ladder to the tree I want to sit. It's in a funnel-like area. I'll hang the GameTamer in a week or two when I get back up there. The other spot,....I'm not real sure if I'll be hunting from a tree or the ground. I might setup both. It's a larger area that I've narrowed down to about 5 acres. I'd really like to see a little more fresh sign, which I figure will be showing up VERY soon.

Okay here's the pics of that "thing" I found. What do y'all think?? Is it, or is it not???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/txmarshmonkey/Shed1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/txmarshmonkey/Shed2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/txmarshmonkey/Shed3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/txmarshmonkey/Shed4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/txmarshmonkey/Shed5.jpg

Old 09-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure there TX, it could be. Definately calcium. You can see where the squirrells have been chewing on it.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:09 AM

Yep, I was going to post my vote for Antler Mafia the other night. Sorry I waited. I think I have a pretty cool idea for the logo if we can get someone to put some time into it.

Tx, congrats on the good sign. I hope you can get some pretty good pictures out of those trail cams.

On the CSI investigation we have going on here, my guess would be a bone. Just from the simple fact that the marrow would be gone quicklyand the bugs and squirrels could get at it from both inside and out. Looks like the wear is even for a bone (both inside and outside wear).

(And now formy "read into it hypothesis")

Plus at 8 inches and being that straight, I can't see it as being anything but bone.

Anyways, great news guys. Got my rest put on my bow and was able to shoot at an indoor rangein Gander Mtn. I am happy to say Ihad bullets holes within 20 minutes of shooting and my broadheads were flyingalmost identical with my fieldtips.

I waspretty excited about doing all of the work myself and actually making a difference in my broadhead flight. After just one year of archery, I usually doubt myself as to if I can reallywork on the mechanical side of things. Well, I'm not a professional yet, but I am pretty happy I made the Ripcordwork.

I still have avane clearance problem which I am working on, along with fine tuning my sight. Ata hair under 55 lbs. mybow was shooting 250's. I hope to be close to 60 lbs.duringseason.

All I have left is to put on my peep sight and serve it into the bowstring. I am waiting for the Bowmaster Split Limb brackets still, but I am shooting without a peep and working on feeling out aconsistant anchor point for the time being. If I have to change the sight some more, so be it.

Enough of me, hope things are going well for all of you.

Bols

Old 09-02-2006, 08:01 PM

Yeah,I thinks it's bone too. The more I look at it, the less it looks like antler. Oh well, the area I found it still looks good!

Great job Bols on getting things lined out!

I'm in the same boat as far as the mechanics of bows and archery. I'm still learning too. Also, Monday, my Slicktrick 100gr magnums were waitin on me when I got home. I'll be checking their flight in the morning when I get off work and maybe in the afternoon when I wake up.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:26 PM

Okay, I shot my Tricks this morning and will be shooting them again in the a.m. They DO impact the same place as my FP's. BUT, I did notice a definite difference when my form (mostly my follow-thru)was not consistant.This was my 1st attempt at another style head. (4-blade fixed& a bit larger) They WILL show you your flaws. After shooting today, it's obvious that FP's are more forgiving. However, the Tricks are right-on when I do everything correctly. Just thought I'd let y'all know how I did.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 AM

Anyone familar with the Ripcord fall away? I am going to go to the range today to try and figure out my fleching clearance issues. I believe the arm of the rest hits the shelf of the bow and isn't able to fall completely horizontal with the shelf.

Plus my nocking point may be a hair too low. I am a little hesistant to change all of this since I have such a good paper tune at 5 yards. I am going to step a little further back today and try and paper tune at longer yardages to make sure my arrow is still on target at longer distances.

My broadheads andfieldpoints hit almost dead on. Maybe an inch or two away. I know the fletching clearance issue needs to be cleared up. I shot aBlazer vaned arrow last night, there were no marks on the fletchings. I still want to solve the problems on 4 inch vanes tocompletely rule out fletching clearance issues. At that point, my BH might be even closer to my FP.

I'm sorry guys the only thing I have been posting is tune up stuff, which should have been handled this summer.

Hope your shootinggoes well TX. Hope everyone elseis doinggood andgrouping those BHs.

Antler Mafia Employee,
Bols
Old 09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get that bad boy ready bols. Anybody good at making a Sig. for our team? Looks like we might be geetting an alt in a few days if 14mercs don't check in. I got some nice bucks moving thru my area, so I hope things go the way I am planning. Chris
Old 09-04-2006, 02:43 PM

I went for a short walk thru a 8 acre patch of woods that is on the other side of a creek I already hunt.
Been hunting one side of the creek for like 6 years and never knew the owner had some land on the other side until about a month or so ago.
It is part of a long chunk of woods that follows the creek.
I have to wade across the creek to access it but that isn't any big deal it is only rubber boot deep.
I found a GREAT spot to put up a stand. It is at the intersection of 3 real beaten down trails with deer tracks of all sizes in them.
Pretty sure a couple sets of tracks were big buck tracks!

I'll be back there real soon to hang a stand.

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.