Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 11- Team "Pope and Young Posse" Official Thread >

11- Team "Pope and Young Posse" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

11- Team "Pope and Young Posse" Official Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:57 PM

Default RE: 11- Team Official Thread

Well, the rut is just ending here, things will be pretty tough from here on out. This has been a real bad year for bucks getting all busted up. Both my boys shot nine pointers, both were busted, one real bad. Dad has passed on one twice now that would have been very nice, except he has half his left main beam gone. Chances of me shooting one now are slim, since we have lots of meat in the freezer it will really have to be a nice one for me to drop the string, and there ain't many nice ones left that are all in one piece. I won't shoot a busted one this year, I would rather wait 'till next fall when maybe he will be in one piece again. I am still hunting though, there are still a few possibilities out there...
Old 12-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been out for a couple weeks. Wanted to let the gun hunters do their thing and let the deer calm down. I'm heading back out tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Good Luck to you titleist. I know there are big deer in IL.
I had a lease in Hancock County for 5 years until the DNR went crazy with license fees.
Hope you get a Booner.
Scott
Old 12-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I'm still huntin' the big buck I seen the last day of early muzzle season. He is still there and I will be in there with my bow most of the time until January 15th.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Hey 2Poppa, Glad to hear your still out there trying to get the big one.
I always like the latter season. The deer seem to settle down and become patternable again. Good Luck to you and keep us posted.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

dmax4me, I'll be out there placing two tree stands tomorrow. One in or near a bedding area and one near a food source I just located. That's probably the biggest bang for the Big Buck.

Thanks for the encouragement. This ol' boy is "The Hoss."
Old 12-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm still hunting, but loosing the drive. The weather has been pretty crappy this year, and the deer just arent moving too well during the day. I will get back at it around new year's and see if I can come up with anything.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear that a few of you still have some good enthusiasm left.

And the award goes to.................................Critr-Gitr
Seeing the Post on Team Participation and MIA's led me to do a count.
This is the results I came up with.
1. Critr-Gitr = 34 posts, 2. titleist_03 = 23 posts 3. JoshKeller = 21 posts,
4. 2Poppa = 19 posts, 5. dmax4me = 17 posts, 6. Youngbuck41 = 9 posts,
7. jhalfhill = 8 posts, 8. B&C Wanna B = 3 posts, 9. Hollyhoyt = 2 posts &
coming in at the # 10 spot with only a checkin in of 1 post = htoler.

If I made any mistakes please forgive me and I mean nothing by posting the results. I was just curious.
dmax4me
Old 12-27-2006, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: dmax4me

Glad to hear that a few of you still have some good enthusiasm left.

And the award goes to.................................Critr-Gitr
Seeing the Post on Team Participation and MIA's led me to do a count.
This is the results I came up with.
1. Critr-Gitr = 34 posts, 2. titleist_03 = 23 posts 3. JoshKeller = 21 posts,
4. 2Poppa = 19 posts, 5. dmax4me = 17 posts, 6. Youngbuck41 = 9 posts,
7. jhalfhill = 8 posts, 8. B&C Wanna B = 3 posts, 9. Hollyhoyt = 2 posts &
coming in at the # 10 spot with only a checkin in of 1 post = htoler.

If I made any mistakes please forgive me and I mean nothing by posting the results. I was just curious.
dmax4me
Hey I tried to make conversation but no one in this goup wanted to be very social, so I pretty much just gave up on posting.

Anyway if it makes you guys feel any better, I was out ysterday and bumped a buck that will give the PA state archery record a run for its money. It was way bigger than a 172" typical that my cousin killed in ohio 2 years ago. He is confined to one patch of woods that he likes to hide out in, so we are going to try and go after him either today or saturday when everyone has off work. This deer is absolutely enormous, and I hope someone in our party gets him. I'll keep you posted.

I've gotten 2 does and this past 4 days, and it's a good thing because I had no meat left in the freezer. Thanks to WV archery still being in and a late PA archery season I've been able to get some meat. Made really good shots on both of them and hope the same holds true if I am blessed with an oppurtunity for a shot on that monster of a buck.

Happy Holidays, ~Jeff
Old 12-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

jhalfhill

Like I said at the end of my post. I didn't mean anything by it. The 1 & 2 post kind of bothered me but, I know everybody has a life and are probably like myself and read peoples post but don't reply.
What county do you hunt in PA? I live in Adams county just south of Gettysburg. I haven't even seen a buck on stand in PA. I have seen some nice ones in the vehicle at night.
Good Luck trying to score on that big one. I think since they started the anler restrictions we are getting some older bucks.
dmax4me

Quick Reply: 11- Team "Pope and Young Posse" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.