Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 11-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Well I had the opportunity to hunt this past weekend w/ Diesel.As you saw we put several hundred miles on the trucks running from the eastern shore of Maryland in the morning then back up closer to home for an evening deer hunt. Shot some ducks, my dog got some time in the field and Diesel got a tast of what real Easter Shore Duck hunting is about. Not always easy from a boat. And I know he still has the smell of the march mud fresh in his brain. Thats some good smellin stuff!!

Deer hutning was good, I saw a few but nothing during shooing hours. Tomorrow is MD's opening day for goose season and I am taking off work and taking my dad. After the hunt I hope to meet up/ Diesel when he gets off work to hang stands and hunt on another property he has permission to hunt. I hope the change of pace does us both well. I hope that we have a good story to share Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I havent been having much luck at the big property, I didnt see 1 deer last night in 3 hours of stand time, usually I see 10 to 40 deerper hunt, so Im going to hunt the property accross the street for a few days. Its rarely hunted, less than a mile from my front door and is surrounded by a few thousand acres of hardwoods, fields and overgrown fields that havent been cut/farmed in years. I got some good pics of some real nice bucks last year so its time to go put in a few days there just to see whats going on.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here you go FireMed. Nice buck, congrats.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Nice buck firemedic,too bad a broadhead did not poke a hole in him.Got to take them how ever we can get them.
I'm sure you guys will have a good time.Maybe a change of properties is what you need.A fresh standsite always gives new hopes and possibilities.
They have been dropping some nice bucks.A couple of teams will be 8 of 10 members with bucks down.Thats pretty darn good.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Diesel, thanks for posting my pic.

OB, I was looking at the scoreboard and saw some enteries titled "gun/kill".I'm assuming these peopletried to enter a deer taken during firearm season? Since their entries have no score are they finished for the season as far as the contest is concerned? Its amazing that people try to cheat in something like this which is suppose to be for fun and a little braggin' rights.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:47 AM

I don't think they were trying to cheat but the rules do say that you have to enter the first buck that you kill with a bow and I assume those people only have/had one buck tag in their state?
"9. You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count. First buck means first taken regardless of multi state hunts. "
We get up to four bucks here but I've held out on dumping a little one since the first one counts and besides, I've got plenty of reindeer in the freezer. I really don't even "need" to shoot a deer this fall. Actually now that I think of it, the only reason I'm even going out there is for you guys... <I hope you all can detect the heavy joking sarcasm here.>
Old 11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Gee thanks for all of the thought kodiak.It must be rough,going out there knowing your just trying to help out a poor soul like me with no tags.[]I've had the itch bad to go to p.a. but there season went out the 11th.There bear archery season opens this week for 2 days. It was tempting. If I could have squeezed a couple days of bow hunting in before the bear season I would have left Sunday night.I don't want to drop that much cash for only a couple of days hunting.I don't think I could steal anymore vacation days from work.
Tomorrow I will be attemting to decoy in some deer for my brother.I might go get my mothers cam corder and try to put some reactions on tape.I've been going crazy just sitting at home.I've hit the woods on some scouting trips,but that is just not the same without the Hoyt in my hand.
I believe they could still harvest a buck with a bow if they have a tag.Many states like mine are 1 buck only states.There are severial nice bucks still waiting to be entered.Team 12 and 20 are putting them on the ground.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

That makes sense. Only being allowed to take one buck never occured to me. In Missouri an archery license gets you two any deer tags, firearm license gets you one any deer tag and many counties have unlimited doe tags available. As envious as I am of Kodiak, I guess I have it better than some of the others around the country.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

I can only take 1 buck no matter what legal weapon I use.I can also take 2 does in my zone. Now if I want to travel a few hours north I could buy urban zone tags.They are good for does only,and have a limited hunting area.I can purchase up to 5 urban tags.I did consider going after some urban does,I don't know of any public ground in the urban zones.I'm sure there is some.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Maryland for bow season(Spet 15th - Jan 31st) we can get 3 bucks, 2 in one zone and 1 in another. For regular gun season we can take 3 bucks with the same zone regs. And for blackpowder we can take 3 bucks, same zone regs. We can also take 11 does during each season, so we can legally kill 42 deer, 9 bucks, and 33 doesduring the Maryland deer season, 135 days of fun. We still have 2 1/2 months of bowhunting left although it gets much tougher after gun season which is next week when the big boys go nocturnal typically. I figure I have 5 more days of good rut huinting, after that gun season comes in for 2 weeks at which point all the weekend warriors shoot at everything and anything sending the now scared for their lives deer into nocturnal self defense mode for a few weeks.

Me and Labhunter will be hunting the farm accross the street for the next 4 days. Im leaving my larger property which by now has usually given me multiple opportunities at some big bucks, this year its been slim pickens as Ive said, not sure WTH is going on, Im stumped, so Im bagging that place for a few days. Im taking anything thats decent now, if I see something that looks good thats 120 or bigger its game time, my standards are dropping, like when I was single, its 1AM in the bar and Im a 12 pack in, your standars drop accordinglylololol.

[:-]

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.