Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 11-08-2006, 10:59 AM

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

Just got our first snow down here in town![8D][8D][8D] I'll be breaking out the gators and crampons for this weekend.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

I was called out to search for a deer a coworker shot last night. This guy really has no bussiness trying to bowhunt.He knows nothing ! He ask for help finding a good stand site a couple of weeks ago.I went out and scouted,found him a nice area just off a logging road with youg beech trees on both sides good cover for a ladder stand.There was seven scrapes,being hit from every direction.It was an intersection for 2 saddles and the logging road was on a benchthat led to a field.A week later he calls and wants to move the stand.So I relocate him to another area closer to the field with three nice trails comming into the area.He had 5 bucks running all over him yesterday.He goes and shoots a young 6 pt. in the briskit.He trailed it for a quarter mile before losing blood.So he calls me,I get up at 5 a.m. on my day off to help him look for the deer.It had been raining so what blood there was,was washed away.We start to grid search the area,15 minutes later,he decides to just stop searching and just try to shoot another buck.I let him know,I was not very happy with his decission,or his ethics.I searched for another two hours by my self,but the area is way to thick for one guy to ever cover.He does not need to ask for help finding stand sites anymore.On the brite side,I found alot of nice stand sites during my search.I have never hunted the area before,but it is only 15 minutes from my house.It could make a nice back up area for when I don't have alot of time.Also,he told me he never even hunted the first stand site I picked for him.What a full.The buck he shot used the same bench and walked right past the first stand site.That was the direction all of his bucks came from yesterday.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys,
I just got back online. Ijust moved into mynew houseon September 30th and have not had my computer up and running. I will try to catch up on my reading of the latest news about how we are doing. I wanted you all to know I am still here. I killed a doe on our opening day of October 15th. I have seen three bucks, but presented with no shots as of yet. I hope to contribute to our team shortly. I was within 8 yards of a 120 inch 8 point last Friday. I'll see if I can get him in the next couple of weeks. Anyway, I will try to do my part for the team.

Again, I'll read what everybody has posted this week.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

OB, thats a shame about your co-worker not having alot of knowledge and or ethics about hunting. You should take him under your wing and teach him what you know, make him an ethical hunter, or at least give him the opportunity to turn over a new leaf with some guidance. We need more soldiers to help uphold our rights as hunters. Who knows, after a season or 2 he may become more ethical and or knowledgeable.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:05 AM

OB, Bummer but it's an opportunity to give back, if this guy wants to learn that is.

Arjuna, Welcome back! Now go kill us a big buck!!!!

Diesel, Would you quit hugging those deer and stick one?!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I'm trying to deal with him guys.I just had to vent.[:@]I've been trying to show him and explain everything as I go. He just lacks the knowledge,and wants to short cut everything.I do think he is learning from some of his mistakes.His idea of hunting was setting up a blind and putting a corn feeder 20 yards in front of it.He is finnally seeing the light on scent control.When I first talked to him about it,his reply was "Na that stuff really doesn't matter".He is now keeping his close sealed up in bags and not just wearing them anyplace.I just have my work cut out.I will have a chat with him on the ethics.
It is good to hear from another member.We have had four members whom have not posted since Oct.Now get us some points on the score card.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

hehe KA, you busted me!! Yeah it sure seems like Im a deer hugger lately, one of these days I'll get a shooter to get within 40 yards. I wont tell on Labhunter, he actually named a little spike "Fred" that he gets a visit from every night, but Im not going to rat hom out about being a deer hugger, nope not gonna do it.

Ok, no more Mr Nice Guy!! Just say the word and I'll stick a 120 class buck, seriously. I wanted to hold out for a 130" or better buck but I guess 10" isnt that big a difference.I betour wives and girlfriends wouldnt agree with me on that I bet [8D]
Old 11-09-2006, 05:51 PM

Well, we're supposed to get more snow tomorrow so I may not be able to get into the mountains after goats. If that's the case then I'll be out after deer. This cold weather and snow should really have 'em fired up. Decoy, doe-in-heat, grunt, bleat, rattlin' antlers, bino's and bow; I can't wait!!!! Oh I almost forgot the deer hat!!!

Good luck this weekend team!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Dont F with Fred... He is allI got right now.... Diesel he is loyal... Like a labrador retreiver.

Hutning has been very slow. Saw a nice buck Wednesday night at dark chasing a doe and last night and I saw a small 4pt chasing another doe... but he was right on her... We will have to see what the next few days bring for us. Weather has been getting warmer. 70-75 yesterday and today. Ducks open up tomorrow in MD so we will go kill a bunch as a confidence builder and a change of pace.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Diesel,you shoot what makes you happy.Don't worry about shooting one just for the points.It is just as fun calling you a deer huggerI'm sure someone on this team will get one sooner or later.

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.