Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 10-06-2006, 03:37 PM

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

Looks like we've got a good storm rolling in this weekend. My hunting might be a wash for the next 3 days...[:@]
Good luck guys I hope the doldrums start giving way to good action soon!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Well after looking at the score board I think there are alot of great opportunities to get nice deer if you wait it out. There have only been a few that had a score over 100.

I actually get busy and forget to update the site. I talk w/ Diesel everyday at work and we talk about what is going on in our woods. Here in our area of MD it has been pretty warm. The bucks have disappeared. I have actually seen deer every day that I hunt and plenty of them. Small bucks and many many does and their fawns. I did see one nice shooter on a brisk morning back on sept 23rd. That was the only nice deer I saw in the stand this year. I have been getting 100's of pictures avery 4-5 days as well on this property and only have seen one deer that I may shoot. I would have to see him in person. Rut is just ahead for us and where there are does the bucks shall follow. Things should be turning on soon so I hope to see some success out of Diesel and myself. I have seen three dead ones on the side of the road this past weekend so I know it should not be long .

Old 10-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

I could not agree more.It is slow in my part of Ohio also.Nuts everywhere ! That makes it hard to pattern them. I did fill my secound doe tag last night.(The first tag was filled season opener,post was deleted)Nothing moved untill almost dark.I had to take a 30 yard shot in low light to get the job done.The arrow hit perfectly,complete pass thru,but very little blood.She ran into a thick jungle to her left,and uphill.She did not run 100 yards,but very poor blood trail for a double lung shot.At one time my brother was 5 yards from her and could not see her in the thick brush.I did get a quick peak at a shoot buck.He never left his bed till after dark.He was headed toward my stand less than 80 yards away on the fence row.They just are not getting up untill after dark.Lots of time left to look for antlers.Good luck guys.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:53 AM

We got hit by a typhoon this weekend. It started about a half hour before I left work on Friday and ended about 3 hours before I came back to work this morning!!![&:] I can't believe that I had a 3 day weekend and didn't get to hunt a minute of it![:'(] At least I got caught up on some gunsmithing, built some new A/C SuperSlims with Blazers for myself and got someone set up with a new BowTech Allegiance last night![8D] Next weekend those pesky bucks are in for it!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

How about that monster 18 pointer.WOW
Old 10-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I saw that this morning... Thats a deer of a lifetime there!!! I am excited for that guy. I can't wait till things get hot here in MD. I just need it to cool off for a few days. I am hunting tomorrow evening and then Thurday morning... I hope to see something then. I will be hunting a property that I have yet to hunt this year. I have to take the time to see whats going on over there as well as the one property that I have been hunting.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Ohio Bowhunter75

How about that monster 18 pointer.WOW
No doubt!!! WOW, what a nice buck! Something smells fishy though. Notice that the pic doesn't open any more and no one can get a response out of t3? He probably just lapsed into a coma after he realized what he had done! I'd still be cleaning my shorts!

Edit: Now it opens fine. [&:] Must've been a gitch with photobucket and he just posted the story.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

The picture has been opening for me.What a beast.I did not hunt yesterday or today.I was processing my kill from Monday,and a trip to Cabella's today with the wife.I was going to go out tonight but needed to get my summer sausage seasoned and stuffed.We have had rain and scattered thunder storms off and on all day.I'll be out tomorrow eve.They are calling for a big cold front comming in thru the weekend.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

I put up a new stand this afternoon on an acorn ridge. I had some great deer in this area last year. The acorns are starting to deminish. They all dropped two weeks ago and last weeks rain helped the rest fall. I hung one of my trail cams as well. Then off to another property where I have been hunting. I saw a few small bucks. A small 8 and a 6... Thats the best that I have seen there up close. I did see one hammer from afar but nothing like that tonight. The deer were definatly moving this evening probably due to the front comming through our area. I can't wait for the moon to go away also.

Well I hope I have better luck Friday evening. Rut just weeks away
Old 10-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Fork Horn

Go get 'em this weekend guys. I have 4 more days 'til my vacation starts. Then it will be almost 2 straight weeks of hunting.

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.