Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 09-27-2006, 08:30 PM

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

Hey everyone,
I was able to get out hunting for the first time this year this past weekend. I was in Central Wisconsin, I ended up passing up on a fork buck and some does and fawns. It was nice to get out into the woods but the weather sure could have been a bit less nasty. If was warm and foggy Friday evening and poured Saturday. I was hunting my buddy's stand where he's passed up on a 130 class 10 point. He had it within bow range a few times previouslyand has numerous pictures of the buck but has decided to pass on it (give me an opportunity to take it) since he harvested a 140 class buck last year along with a buck scoring 169. I wasn't able to hunt Sunday evening since I had to get home and found out via those darn trail cams that the 10 point passed by the stand at 6:10 p.m. Sunday night. I guess that's why they call it hunting. Well, I just thought I'd let everyone know how my season is going so far. It's still very young!Good luck on your upcoming hunts.

Paul
Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, thats what I call a friend!! Thats one heck of a nice gesture. Hopefully you get a shot at that 10 pt
Old 09-28-2006, 11:23 AM

Good luck crossing paths with him Paul just make the shot count when you get it! I'm getting my pack loaded up tonight for an overnighter. I'll leave straight from work tomorrow and climb the 2500' to spend the night on top of a mountain so that I'm on 'em at first light.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

I pulled my trail cam yesterday. I had 192 pictures since Friday. All were deer except 3 turkey pictures. Nices toms atleast. Nothing bigger than an 8 point. There are a few decent 8 pointers,but not what I'm looking for. One rub line from last year is now being freshend up. There is a couple of big boy's around, I just have not found the sign yet to pattern them. My nephew saw a big 6x6 cross towards one of my favorite spots a few days ago. I hunted him last year without a shot. I just could not get the right spot at the right time. I've got a few new spots in mind for this season.I learned alot about this area last year.We will see if I can apply what I learned.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck KA!!, sounds like fun

A serious front moved thru here tonight, temps dropped 20 degs in 30 minutes. Suppossed to get down to 44 degs tomorrow so I'll definately hunting tomorrow evening after work.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:39 PM

Bummer on the lost posts... at least we're all still here. Checked my trail cam last night. The only pics on it were of me. It's covering a big staging area though and the range on it is only about 20' so I'm not discouraged. I set my blind up and got it brushed in; I just hope it doesn't get thrashed by a curious bear... Three day weekend coming up and I can't decide where to go.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Finnally,the weather will be cooled down for a few days.I've had 80 degree weather and thunderstorms killing my hunts.I could not get out tonight,but will be back at it tomorrow night.I've been seeing a booner hitting a water trough in the eves,just before dark.Of course he is on the wrong side of the road.That property sold last year and we can not hunt it anymore.Things will pick up in a few weeks,when they start to roam more.Anyone seeing any good bucks.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out last night, saw 3 fawns and a fews does. Not much moving around, it seemed to be a perfect night too, front moving in, temps dropped 15 degs, overcast, just felt like something was going to happen but it didnt lol. Now Im beggining to wonder if I should have taken that 9 pt I passed on 2 times lol.

KA, do you ever worry you will have an unwelcome visitor come in your blind while you are hunting, like say, a GRIZZLY????
Old 10-06-2006, 10:24 AM

Not so much as I worry about them when I've got a pack full of deer! Bear season opens on the 15th so if the 10+' tank I'm after wants to climb in the blind with me then, he's welcome. There's been a smaller (maybe 8') bear in the area, that's the one that worries me.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Atleast they are just little bearsSounds like the October lull has struck you,Diesel.Things are pretty slow on my end also.Lots of does,but no good horn.I'm going to try another area tonight.I saw some good rubs in there a couple of weeks ago.But,do you set up on a trail leading toward the primary field,or toward the oaks on the same ridge??? Gonna go with the oaks tonight !

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.