Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 09-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

Oh yeah, I forgot I didnt post regarding Kodiaks incredible reindeer and score!! Just being lucky enough to get one let alone a hammer like that is something will you have the rest of your life, a big congrats is in order and a "toast" from team SBD!!

Very respectful and honorable with your decisionfiremedic, you did the right thing without a doubt.

Well 75% of the bucks thats Ive seen have shed the velvet but I still saw a couple fuzzys out there. The real tall buck I saw antlerswere almost glowing they were so bright.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:50 AM

Way to be Jason. That was a great gesture and definitely the right thing to do, there'll be plenty more opening mornings.

I'm getting things together to do some scouting for brown bear stands/blind locations and going to hang a couple trail cams. I'll be hunting hard for deer tomorrow though. Good luck to you Southerners!!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Spike

well guys, today wasnt a good opening morning in central WI...rain and swirling winds almost all day @ up to 30mph ended my day short... good signs that the deer were close to the stands last night though. hopefully better luck for me tomorrow
Old 09-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad the weather turned nasty on you goalie, plenty of days ahead.

ROFLMA @ Kodiaks "Southerners" comment, after I thought about it I bust into laughter, I guess everyone is a southerner to you [8D]
Old 09-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Diesel,hard to pass up a good one,but lots of time left for a truely big one.
Goalie,lots of time left.Last year I never got to hunt untill the third week of the season.I was not on stand 20 minutes before I arrowed a mature doe.Things can happen past.
Firemedic,sorry about your opener,but you served a higher purpose.
Kodiak,sorry to hear about your change of plans,sounds like we all had a rough week. Heck,I was in prison all week.LOL. No overtime for me this week.I gotta get some things finished around the house before the season gets here.Car tune ups and stuff.So you guys do some hunting for me.I guess I did take my son tree rat hunting last night.He shot his first one.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well it was another good evening. Saw plenty of deer. I had this guy at 20 yards but decided to pass on him. After seeing his little kicker I came home and examined him up close thanks to the trail cam pics. If he comec by me next week and I still havent taken a bigger buck than I may change my mind.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

another pic .... it wasnt his day to die today lol

Old 09-17-2006, 12:46 PM

It's been raining for two straight days. I couldn't get back in to the river I was going to scout for bear and hunt deer in because the stream I have to cross to get there was too deep for even the Landcruiser. I was hoping to be out when it cleared up as forecast this afternoon, but they changed the forecast; looks like I need to get started on the Ark. I guess I'll head over to the machine shop and do some gunsmithing. I've got a custom .375 H&H to finish up before bear season starts.

I don't know if that deer would have been so lucky if I'd been there instead Diesel...
Old 09-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with Kodiak,he would be mighty temptingI'm not sure how long I will hold out this year. I would really like to get my son out more.I'm going to let him use my brothers X bow a few times in the early season.Hopefully I can get him a shot on the wheat field.I'll be doing some long distance glassing this week.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Well not such a great opeing weekend from a success standpoint but it was an encouraging weekend. I did see deer both Friday evinvg and Saturday morning. Probably 25-30 on Friday eveing a few scrappy bucks and a ton of does. Thats encouraging for the rut though. Saturaday am I saw deer but I also saw two County Park rangers... They patrol evey once and a while . Just pissed me off because they were out in a clear cut just talking away and pushed deer past me at 100mph. I was hunting private land that is on the boarder. O well there is always this week. I got one ok buck on the trail cam but not overly excited about him... I know he has frieds I have visually seen them.

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.