Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 09-11-2006, 11:45 AM

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

ORIGINAL: deerslayer270

you killed santie clause[:@]
Actually I think it was Prancer. Donner had just kicked his butt out to the edge of the herd where he was in range. The herd bull (Donner) didn't get any closer than 58 yards which was pushing my maximum too far so I settled for the shot that presented itself with a decent satellite bull at 39. If I had more daylight I may have tried another set-up but sometimes you've just got to take what you get and be happy, which I am, very happy!! I've been trying to get down to chase these critters for 12 years or so and finally got it to come together this year.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

Looked like a pretty good bull too me.It would have put a smile on my ugly face.Now where are those blacktails at Atleast you able to hunt. I'm still waiting. Opener is the 30th.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:10 PM

Hang in there Ohio, it used to drive me nuts to wait until Oct. 15 in upstate NY, so I moved to WI so I could start Sept. 15, then to ID to start on Sept. 1 and finally here where I can pretty much hunt all the time!!!! (or fish for the 6 - 8 weeks I can't!)
Old 09-11-2006, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Ohio Bowhunter75

Looked like a pretty good bull too me.It would have put a smile on my ugly face.Now where are those blacktails at Atleast you able to hunt. I'm still waiting. Opener is the 30th.
Git all yer butts up here and we'll find 'em together! That 1.67 multiplier could go a loooong way in racking up the points!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Great Photo... Can't wit to see what you put on the board for Team SBD...
Old 09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

So whats the scoop on the start of the season for the team here. Looks like the only one hunting right now is Kodiak...

Diesel and I open up here Friday the 15th.

When can the rest of the team startletting arrows fly?
Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

I am Friday the 15th as well. I also got my successful draw letter to be 1 of 75 archery hunterson 1400 acres the entire month of November. The area holds a lot of deer so hopefully that may pan out if I don't cross paths with something nice before then.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im so stoked I can hardly stand it!! All the scouting, target practice, upgrades, stand placement, etc ... is all about to be utilzed and I have from Friday all the way until Jan 31st to bowhunt, my wife isnt thrilled so much because I will be out every day, but she knows how much I love bowhunting.

She does triathalons, soccer, some kind of self defense called Krav Magda or something which is great because it gives us quality time together when she comes home to show me new karate kicks or chops, or how she can twist my arm til it almost breaks lol.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Spike

i start the 16th...went to the stand yesterday and scouted a little bit and practiced...dead on from about 15 yards from my stand. also my uncle said the mineral lick i put out there was broken in half 2 days after i put it out there...so theyre out there!!! cant wait till saturday, ill let you guys know if i get anything.

goalie35
Old 09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Kodiak,I wish I could join you trying to kind those blacktails. I've been at work for the past 16 hrs trying to help stop some gang fights that kicked off last night. About 30 crips and 30 AB's went at it last night.It was a busy day.They will most likely call me back in around 4 a.m.,so looking for deer would be a treat.
It is good to hear that atleast three more team members will be getting to start hunting on Friday.I'll be waiting on the 30th.

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.