Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 09-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

Congrats to your friend.I'm sure you all have seen the first points are on the board.Not a monster,but team 17 is off to an early start.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I just saw the points today.I just checked my trail cam today and it was full of nothing but raccoons. I sure hope things start to shape up soon.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that stinks you arent getting any pics of deer on your camera. Can you try another location on the property you hunt perhaps?? Persistence pays off.

I was out dove hunting all weekend so I didnt get out to check my trail cameras. Im concentrating on bow season from here on out again. Just good to get out with the boys and shoot some doves to kick off the 06/07 hunting season, been a tradition for me since 1983. Too bad only a few of my hard core buddies still go anymore, the rest of the candy a$$'s dont go anymore, for one excuse or another.

I'll be out scouting almost every evening from here on out weather permitting. I did pick up another property this weekend, my father in law signed a 14 year lease on a 32 acre property he is using for his soccer club. 6 or 7 acres of it are field, the rest is mainly hardwwods with a creek, looks real promising being it was an abandoned farmette. I have sole rights to hunt it, but I have to cut the fields, no biggie there. It will be hard to pull me away from the 1,100 acre farm and another property I hunt accross the street from my house though but I'll definately put a camera and some feed out there
Old 09-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

You never know what might be on that 32 acres.I put my trail cam out again last night.The deer are tearing up the pears.They are not hitting the apples much.Going today to place a double ladder stand on that freshly planted wheat field.We hope to let the yougins try their luck with a crossbow out of this stand.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

I forgot,I had to check on my hunting vacation schedule at work.I will be on all day hunts from Nov 6 thru Nov 17th.I also have Oct.30 thru Nov 1st.It should be some prime movement time.It is a great time to be in the woods,but hunting on standfrom daylight to dark takes its toll on you.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I have Oct 16-28, Nov 3-6 and Nov 10-15. I also have some days and evenings in between.

For some reason the guys with more seniority that don't hunt decided to take the prime week or so.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Diesel if you need help on the new 32 I would be happy to walk the property w/ you....
Old 09-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

My brother called tonight,my wheat is up and looking good.I set the trail cam up on the pears Tuesday,it had 30 pictures on it today.I might pull it tomorrow,check it out and then set it up on the wheat or on another farm.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally picked up my trail cam pics, over 700 pics again. Lots of decent bucks, one 10 pt in particular I like, he may go 140 ish. Same bucks Ive been watching. This group Ive been watchingare feeding on the soy in the same corner every night. Pre season scouting may pay off being Ive seen him every single night come out and hes walked right by my trail camera numerous times in the morn and evening daily. The big question is do I take him or do I let him walk and HOPE he makes it til next season??Nothing special but let me know if you want pics and I'll puta few up.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Labhunter, I'll invite you to go to our farm like I did last year and you'll find a reason not to go lol. Look at dove hunting, I invite you to possibly the best dove hunting on the East Coast (no BS)last Fri and Sat, and you bagged me, TWICE!!!!! You fooled me once, and you did get me a second time, but you wont get me 3 times!!!

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.