Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread >

28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

nice work sir!!!! hes a dandy!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:55 AM

Thanks everyone!!! While he wasn't the biggest guy in the woods it will definitely be one of my most memorable hunts....

Well my hunt didn't take long...I had hung this set about 3 weeks ago in anticipation of this past weekend. I got into the stand about 40min. before daylight on Saturday morning. I immediately heard deer coming off of a hillside that ran along the drainage ditch I was sitting by. Just as daylight started to break I saw a deer coming off of the hillside and into a sorghum patch. I glass this deer as 4 more does stepped out and began to feed w/ him. I could tell that this deer was definitely one that I wanted to shoot. He had good tine length and was very wide. These deer were about 150yds away at this point and were working at a right angle to me so I knew I better try some calling. I threw a couple grunts and a tip of the can call at him and while it got his attention he quickly went back to feeding. I then hit the rattle bag a couple times and added a few grunt again getting his attention for several seconds. I then tried the snort wheeze along w/ a few grunts and this time he was interested and began coming my way. He walked in behind some post oak trees and cedars where I lost him for at least 2-3 minutes. I was watching frantically for any movement thru the canopy of leaves to let me know he was still coming. Suddenly I saw some movement and I thought Oh Yeah! here he comes. He once again got in behind some big cedars. I knew that when he stepped out I had a small window to shoot and was going to have to make this happen fast. I had my bow up and ready and as soon as I saw movement coming out from behind the cedars I drew. I saw that it was a "Big Bodied" buck and gave him a little whistle and stopped him at the same time settling my 40yd pin tight on his shoulder and letting it rip. I saw my arrow hit soild right on the crease of the shoulder as he wheeled around and ran back across the field towards the timber on the other side. I immediately began shaking uncontrollably and had to sit down and collect myself. After regaining my composer and climbing down I went to where I saw him last and found the blood trail leading into the timber. I backed out and went back for some help and upon returning found him only another 60yds from where he entered the woods. The shot was quatering towards me and got both lung and liver. The big shocker was that the buck I had down on the ground was not the buck I was calling....I don't know where that buck worked off to when he walked in behind the oaks and cedars or where this one came from but I couldn't be happier.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 AM

Well fellas, I got one to add for our team.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1772463

Check it out.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:07 PM

Very nice looking buck there Ducsauce!!!!

Congrats!!! Looks like team #28 is starting to come alive...
Old 11-01-2006, 01:42 PM

Congrats to you on yours.

You can definitely tell a differance in body size. Yours is huge.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys! I'm gettin excited! we have 19 teams beat with 2 bucks and only three teams are ahead! I'm goin out tonight!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:21 PM

Nice Buck Ducsauce, thats two down....Lets hear the story.....

Hows everybody else doing......I think we need a sound off on how everyone is doing, haven't heard fromsome in a long time....
Old 11-01-2006, 05:33 PM

The Buck that I am hunting for.....this is the one that I saw last night but couldn't get a shot at......Going out Friday morning all day sunday and I have Mon- Thurs off next week

Old 11-01-2006, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: BuellMan

Nice Buck Ducsauce, thats two down....Lets hear the story.....

Hows everybody else doing......I think we need a sound off on how everyone is doing, haven't heard fromsome in a long time....
I like to type but not that much. Check out that link in my post.

Now that buck would really add some inches to our score. Good luck!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arggg! Did you see robs post on always huntn's buck? Any pictures with the bow in it man?

Quick Reply: 28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.