Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread >

22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:45 PM

Default RE: 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Smokepolehall how long have you been married? My wife did that kind of thing for a few years after we got married. I just told her how it was during hunting season, then I told her I was going to turn off my hearing aids so I could not hear her hahaha, I don't even wear them but she got the hint, now I take the young ones, one at a time that is. She said today she hopes I stay gone for the month of January so I would be happy hehehe. I know she was kidding I am not a fool, I do know where the line is to keep peace in the house. Bigdaddy
Old 12-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey our oldest son will 33 in March and she has been this way since 1971! Just a demanding woman, her way or i ain't even going to get any sleep in the house type woman. Spect it will stop when one of us passes and not before! Haven't saw a deer of any kind all this week. Durn high school boy was riding around the beanfield last nite on 4 wheeler. Guess he plans on chasing and shooting deer at nite now! When he see's me go out to my stands he rides 4 wheeler around racing it the whole time i am trying to hunt. His parents said he had the right cause he has permission to hunt there too! Just some sorry ignorant people all fer them selves! I will have a better place this next year or i will move from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was a good year.. Hope everyone had fun.. Great job guys.. See you all next year in the contest..

Go shoot some does..

I'm off to shoot one next week..
Old 12-24-2006, 10:11 PM

Darn boss it is not over yet you still have 2 team mates still hunting.You all have seem to have forgoten, We could use some words of encourgement from our team mates but not a word. Only smokepolehall and myself have been talking for a while keeping us both from getting down, we both have some slight disabilities his legs& my back and legs but we have not given up, our RUT is almost ready to start about a week or so, and I will score 100+ for the team. So my blood brothers don't give up on us, drop us a note keeping us up so we are in the game. we are only a bit over 200 points away frombeing the NEW LEADERS... It will be over and then you can call it quits at sunset on January 31st. My blood brothers have a Blessed Holidays with friends & family TT you soon. Bigdaddy
Old 12-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

YOUR RIGHT.. I'm so used to thinking about the RUT and HUNTING up here.. I forget where some of you ARE.. Get out there and shoot the BIG ONE..

Your rut is just starting, and our deer are already to drop their antlers.. LOL

Old 12-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yo i am still trying,gett'em bigdaddy! I was on my ladder stand thurs. and had a 110 plus 8 pt. come in at 20 yds, The limbs were in my way fer a clean shot with my varizone scope. He turned and went back the same way he came. I came home was mad and jerked that scope off and put it up fer sale. I put my Bushnell Elite 1.5x6 scope on CB sighted in and have went back to stand yesterday afternoon. I can see the couple 6 to 8" holes where he was. I can make the shot now that i have magnafacation, my eyes ain't too good. I saw a Tom Bobcat and let him go, he was from 6 to 34 yds. i watched him hunt thru my stand area. They are neat to watch. I have saw the female 3 times also all up close. Our rut is on but its raining this morning hard. Still have 13 days left to hunt.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't go hunting this afternoon, winds up to 50 mph heavy rain and i had to help Mrs. with all her honey do's![:@]I would have gotten soppen wet and not saw a deer.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey bigdaddy74 i hunted this morning and afternoon good and cold winds blowing up 50 mph. I didn't see any deer just cat squirrels, Indian head pecker woods, lots of birds and Honkers and one rabbit!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:21 PM

I am heading out to the hunting camp in the A.M, I is now time to play hard the rut is almost on us, now I can get serious about hunting a cold front moved in last night and the rain has stopped. Another front moving in late Sunday night & calling for rain Monday them there deer will be on the move. I have everything packed and also the camera. I will have a score by the end of the season, I have only sat at 3 of my hidden honey holes all year and only to watch the deer, I had 4 but a new member from Florida stumbled on to one of my stands last week end, sat in my stand and shot one of my 7 point pets I have let walk for 2 years, needless to say I am not happy about that, He WILL HEAR FROM ME THIS WEEK END!!! We have over 3000 acres ( our club) and A ton of club stands, there is no need for someone to sit in our personal stands, I planted 100 pounds of winter peas & big buck blend + a few tons of corn all year long except hunting season that is. And this fool has the nerve to sit in my honey hole.(DA_N rich Dr from out of state to boot, oh well the damage is done already, I am the type of person if you ASK to sit in one of my stands I don't have a problem with that, But if you don't I do get an attatude. Bigdaddy
Old 12-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to hear of messed up stand and small 7 pointer being taken. Right now i would love a 7 pt. Went out this morning and again just couple cat squirrels came out to visit about 8 am this morning. Saw a bunch of Honkers but no deer!

Quick Reply: 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.