Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread >

22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Prayers are on the way. God bless. mammasboy
Old 10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

prayers are with you. hey guys thought you all would like to know friday night i busted a doe she dressed out at 147 lbs. awesome hunt.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

forgot to add a pic so here she is. now you guys can see my ugly country mug. haha

Old 10-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

U did well my friend, fresh back straps got to be good! So now its on to the next one!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:45 PM

Nice Doe!
I have to appologize to everyone for not getting us on the board on Friday. A tall racked 4x4 buck snuck up behind me, so I had to turn around for a 15 yard shot. I had to crouch down into an akward position to shoot through a small clearing underneath a branch of the oak I was sitting under, and I shot right underneath the chest of the b**tard!!
After the shot, he took off the my right, so I turned around and sat back down. Not 2 minutes later, there he was on the trail to my left, back to see what the heck I was. Once I came to full draw again he bolted, never to be seen again.
I've beek kicking myself in the a$$ ever since!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:05 PM

Well, I could have had us on the board as well, but I am trying to get something bigger than last year. I took a basketeight pointer last year, and another one walked under my stand a couple of nights ago. Knowing that there is bigger deer in my woods and it is still early, I decided to pass on this deer.

I also messed up on getting a doe that same morning. I noticed two does walking down a path behind me and to my left. I stand up and grab my bow when a third deer standing right in my shooting lane behind me and to my right started to blow at me. They all ran off with out me even getting my release on the string. I guess it was early season stupidity that caused me to move before looking at what was all around me, that will not happen again, hopefully.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I got one on the BOARD for us.. No pics yet or story.. I'll do that tomorrow when I get the chance.. Hard enough hunting, shooting, gutting, dragging through SNOW, We havesnow storn with 30+mph winds. I had to get the 6 yr old, bring him back in the woods to watch me gut and drag the deer. then I had to go pick the 4 month old little girl up from my moms who was watch them both while I hunted, wife was working.. What a night..

He's a 7 pointer, he's missing a brow tine..

More later..
Old 10-12-2006, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the fine Buck u got. I will be waiting to read the whole story and look at some good pic's. Way to go, broke the ice and got us in contest.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

good job mathewsboy way to start us out can;t wait to see pics. i was real close last night at a 120-140 buck he snuck in on me it was windy and raining he was about 18-20 inches inside and about 300lbs on the hoof, big deer. so im going to try it tonight tty'all later.
TEDROW
Old 10-12-2006, 01:40 PM

It's Awesome to hear that we're finally goin to be on the board!! Congrats MB!! I'm excited to read about the hunt and see some pictures.
I've had all kinds of does and fawns walk by, but nothing with antlers since the buck I missed. I'm heading out to try a different spot nearby this afternoon/evening.Maybe he'll show up!
good luck to everyone!!

Quick Reply: 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.