Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread >

22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 22- Team Official Thread

Well guys, i'll be out of two fora couple days, have to go to a training session for work... Keep things in order.. ttyl

Mathewsboy
Old 09-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

hey bigdaddy tell you what i love to turkey hunt if i had to choose between deer or turkey it would be hard, now if deer gobbled it would be an easy one. i shot 2 birds this year one on opening morning and one on the 2nd morning(not with my bow with my benneli sbe). but now its time to deer hunt so if its brown its down.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:13 PM

You got that right brother, you let me know when you want to come donw and I will have it all set up. we have a good camp house and we only charge $5 bucks a night not bad but I will waive that if you come.bigdaddy
Old 09-06-2006, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey folks i have 2 food plots in and growing well fer only being planted 10 days. Some of it is 8" tall, Deer tracks in them. I have put up ladder stand and hung climber. I put climbing stick in cottonwood tree yesterday, and going back this morning to put up lock-on in the tree. 16 days to go! I am just putting 3 stands on place, i can move couple of them to where action is.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

hey smokepole sounds like you have one hell of a good set up! i take it you will probably put us on the board first with 150" right? i have confidence in you.i still have 23 days to go that sucks. i just hope the soybeans stay green for 23 more days then somehtin' big is going to get cracked or somethin' tasty for the grill will. well guys i have 3 more days of being single, holy $hit. ttyl TEDROW
Old 09-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shucky darn i would like to get a 150 Buck! I meat hunt first but i will smoke a big Buck if he comes by. I took the 5 pt. cull and 6 pt. last year and the 8 pt. year before.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:55 PM

Hey guys where is the rest of the team seems like we 4 are the only ones who talk every day??? Tedrow you will be fine,on the up and comming day. Everyone has that OH $hit feeling when they take the big step & if they say they were not they are lying. Just remember what I told you or some advice I gave you, Always Honor your wife & she should honor you, always talk don't keep things bottled up & last but not least never go to bed mad at one another. It is harder to stay married than call it quits. But it can be done in todays times, trust me. I use to take my wife hunting but she gets to cold & can't be quite very long haha, The last hunting trip she made I had her in a double tree stand & she was 8 months pregnent with our first child ha all she wanted to do is pee & talk every 5 minutes.Needless to say we only stayed for about an hour. you will be fine and congrats again. bigdaddy
Old 09-06-2006, 09:02 PM

Smokepolehall you can come Turkey hunting with tedrow & myself anytime. I still have over a month before our season opens Oct 15th it can't come quick enough for me. I just picked up my new kubota RTV 900 this afternoon,I am ready to ride haha. we have to start planting this weekend,I have found some new slow release fertilizer with Iron that is great so they say???? guess we will find out. Get them MUD,BLOOD&TEARS. BIGDADDY
Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 AM

hey Team, how's everyone doing? I just thought that I should check in again.
I finally finished putting up my stands. I found a run that was as wide as highway going right by my acorn tree; I put a stand 15 yards from that. The acorns are already falling and they are hitting them hard around here.
I pulled my trail cams out on the same day; a lot of pics of small bucks and one pic of a huge bodied 11 pointer (I'll try to get it posted later on).
I also got my AxisFMJ arrows ready to gothat I have been looking two weeks for. It turns out that there was a local pro shop 10 miles away that carried them. I would have look there first but the guy screwed me on setting up my Old Glory and I really didn't want to go back to him.
I had a guy dump some top soil on my lawn and the conversation turned to hunting like it always does with me. He gave me permision to hunt 12 acres inside city limits that hasn't had anybody one it for five years; I'm going to check it out later today to see if I can find a good tree to climb.
By the way, my season starts October 1st, September has to be the longest month of the whole year.
Good luck guys, more later. Steve

Old 09-07-2006, 10:42 AM

Good to hear from you again Stumpj,We can pray that that 11 pointer decides to chomp on some of your acorns next to your stand haha. You never know thats why they call it hunting. I would check out that land that has had no pressure on it for 5 years, never know what you may find? Our season opens Oct 15 in Alabama & I can't wait. GO TEAM MUD,BLOOD&TEARS...........BIGDADDY (Kevin)

Quick Reply: 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.