Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 2006/2007 Official Contest Rules >

2006/2007 Official Contest Rules

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

2006/2007 Official Contest Rules

Old 07-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default 2006/2007 Official Contest Rules

1. Deer(whitetail/mulie/blacktail)must taken legally and ethically as laws apply in the state your hunting including tags.

2. Archery equipment only which include crossbows unless your entered in the Crossbow forums contest, no gun entry.

3. Antlered deer only (whitetail, mule, blacktail)including antlered doe, if it's tagged with a buck tag, it's in.

4. Will be using the Pope & Young Gross scoring system, no deductions. (See percentages below)

Whitetail (as norm):125/125 = score x 1
Columbia blacktail: 125/90 = score x 1.39
Sitka blacktail: 125/75 = score x 1.67
Mule deer: 125/145 = score x 0.86

5. Open to all members new and old unless your signed up in another bow contest on HNI(only), please don't sign up and disappear, you'll be replaced. No more than 10 persons per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve....I'll oversee it.

6. Signup begins July 10th, Deadline to join is August 19th or first 360
people, with alternates then being taken until Oct 1st. , after that you may join the alternate list, see rule 5.

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical. This rule will be enforced this year, no exceptions with no apologies.

8. Total number of inches of all team member's animal will decide the winner....see rule 4.

9. You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count. First buck means first taken regardless of multi state hunts.

10. No penned shot deer accepted, deer must be a free range wild animal regardless private or public land. Guided hunts acceptable as long as the animals are free range.

11. All disagreements, controversies and conflicts will be decided on by a majority vote from a panel consisting of Team Capt's and moderators participating within the contest. Those decisions will be final.

12. No points will be given towards antler inches for video footage however there is a seperate contest within this contest for video footage, 10 points per entry....

13. Contest deadline is Feb 15th.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:22 PM

Default RE: 2006/2007 Official Contest Rules

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

9. You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count. First buck means first taken regardless of multi state hunts.

How exactly is that going to be enforced? Sorry, just wondering.[>:]
[/blockquote]
Old 07-08-2006, 08:25 PM

Rob, I know we covered this last year, but I don't specifically remember how it was resolved.

Washington's archery season opens September 1st and I know another state or two opens just as early if not earlier.

Are we sure we want to close it and deal with the teams after the seasons are already opened?

If we close it then, and the teams aren't chosen for another few days, what happens if we shoot our buck opening morning? Will we be able to enter them as long as the season was open and the deer was taken legally?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Spiffy

[/align]

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

How exactly is that going to be enforced? Sorry, just wondering.[>:]
[/blockquote]
The entire contest is based upon the honor system. Nothing can really be enforced, but why lie? It's a contest for fun and bragging rights, nothing more (well, a few nice prizes too, but still ).
Old 07-08-2006, 09:20 PM

Another question Rob;

Will the scoring of Mule Deer be any different from that of the other species?

I know that last year this was discussed, but as is the case with the closing/season openings, my memory is failing me.

Will we need to deduct a certain amount of points from the totalor will the score remain the same?

Edit* Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to remember some of what we had problems with last year so we can get the rules straightened out way beforehand this year.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wash Hunt, questions are great, that's how we learn and we have from the last 2 years contests...

First, your right, it's an honor system and again correct, why lie, one would only be cheating themselves.

We going to close the entries on the 15th giving everyone time to sign up....If your signed up and are fotunate enough to score early, your buck will count and the team that gets you will have a great start. I think that's how I did it last year and it worked out okay. I don't want to see someone score and then sign up...that wouldn't be right.

Mule deer will be scored minus a % deduction that we had last year. I forget the P&Y difference but someone will remind us. Same as Blacktail, they are smaller so they will count with the multiplicated % to bring them up even to a whitetail....

Sound good?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:12 PM

Sounds perfect Rob!

I just wanted to clear some of the questions up that we had last year.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

What do you need to sign up..
Old 07-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

is there a website for pope and young scoring just like the b&c scoring website
Old 07-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

clos21, I don't understand your question but I hope this helps. You need to be a bowhunter and when I post the Official Sign Up thread, you need to sign up and adhere to the rules. Just follow suite and read the posts regarding questions.....After the close of sign ups, I randomly place members to 10 man teams. A member from that team will start a Team Thread which I modifty to be the Official Team Thread....you check into that thread and enjoy the comradory that takes place...follow the rules and you'll catch on as it goes....

Oneshot7, yes, we'll have the link for P&Y scoring. It's actually very easy.

Quick Reply: 2006/2007 Official Contest Rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.