Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:07 PM

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

I ended up helping two guys out of the same drift yesterday.. Finally said "f the road comish, I am doing the plowing myself, hoped in my skid steer and spent an hour clearing this mega drift. It never drifted back over, could be because I took the snow and dumped it a place down wind, lol.. We live in a pretty wind place but when that wind comes out of the North East like it did yesterday gernally that means bad things. Getting awful cold again tonight, somewhere subzero again.. Talking 40's next week, I think I am ready for spring.

Had to bring one calf in. She was born out of the cull cows that were supposed to be open. 3 weeks old and mom isn't giving anyhting for milk, or so I am guessing.. She is livingint he bathroom at the other house for now.. Wife is real happy for me, guess it is a good thing I bought the nice flowers this year, lol.

that was the coolest thing about living out west... Even driving in from where we lived in the foothills we would sometimes see Moose, Elk and than the deer.. Always a mulie or whitie thing but most of what we saw were Whitetails.... Little further west in the next valley over the speed goats roamed and that was pretty cool to see. Never got to see the Mountain Goats that supposedly lived up in the peaks above where I lived but did see a mountain Lion in the hills once. Just about made me mess myself, lol.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

IL - you better get that stinkin' cow out of the bathroom before your wife scalps your happy arseand makes a leatherwallet out of your forehead! LMAO That's a way to woo the wifie on v-day! Some women get a bathtub full of rose petals - IL's wife gets a smelly cow bedded down beside the toilet. I'm just jerkin' your chain man - but seriously that's pretty funny. My wife would totally flip her lid and my stuff would wind up in a pile in the front yard - city people... they just don't get it. LMAO by the way - good luck clearin' out that snow - you guys got POUNDED. The snow isn't bad, but when it comes with that kind of wind - that just sucks.

My god, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time... That cow story is classic.

Troy - by the way - I guess the east coast translation for "Iron Ball" is "Mega-Stupid." I took one good spill trying to land some dumb trick and whipped backward pretty hard - hit my shoulders on the snowpack - I feel like I've got whiplash or something. Neck, legs, shoulders- all sore. Old age is taking its toll. I might have to start doubling up on the Geritol and keeping some clean Depends in the trunk.

Ryan - even though I've flunked the bar a couple times - I do manage to party like a rock star after every exam. I can't do much, but I do know how to celebrate with the best of 'em. LOL Scary mental picture of you with the trad bow in a loincloth flinging arrows like a wildman with the neighbors looking on in horror. Oh man - if you get that bow, they're really gonna start wondering about you.

Speaking of traditional stuff - do any of you guys watch that show "Man vs. Wild" with the ex-special forces guy? That guy is really "Iron Ball" in every sense of the expression.. I saw him kill a rabbit with a throwing stick and eat a raw snake and afistful of antsin the last episode. Just about the timeI start to feel like some kind of hardcore outdoorsman,I watch an episode of that show, and realize what a true nancypants I really am...

Old 02-15-2007, 08:29 AM

OH.. At least it as the other house this time. Last year I had one in the bathtub, one next to the bathtub and one in the porch about this time along with a lamb in the kitchen in a crate. Only for one night (Actually, just a few hours) but man it made going to the bathroom dfficult.. The wife gets by okay with it, the dogs think I am freaking nuts and the daughter loves every moment of it.

The wife's cats.. Well, I don't like them and they don't like me so I don't care what they think.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ROFLMAO!!!!!! AT QUICK AND IL...thanks guys.. I needed the humor this morning! Funny stuff!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Holy Crap Anthony - funny mental picture ofyou trying to drop a deuce in the bathroom with a half-grown black angus starin' yathe face, trying to make smalltalk. LMAO

Hey Troy - you better watch who you're laughin' at - you were telling us how you got that new addition going on the house, and all that extra space... Anthony says he's got a truckload of colda$$ livestock that he'll send out your way to keep you company in the new addition. No fear though, he says the lambs are great with kids. It'll be like Zubilee Zoo in Cour d Lene. Just hope he doesn't send the cats.

Man, I gotta get this stuff together for my tax return, and I just don't wanna do it. This sucks.

Ryan - I'd guess that you've been researching trad bows a lot - are you better off buying one online, or getting one from a dealer around home? What wood material is best? Osage?
Old 02-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've tried researching them with varied success. Lots of websites just flaunt how pretty thier bows are. They come in a million different woods. One of the longbows I liked had bamboo in it. SWEET looking. The one recurve I liked was a REAL light colored laminated maple. Osage is a real common wood, couple other exotic woods out there that give nice color. I talked to the resident trad guys on here and got good advice. Much of it just boils down to personal preference.
As far as buying on line, I know very little when it comes to setup and trying to match arrow spine which is critical. I'm sticking with one of the pro shops so I can get advice on shooting, aiming, tuning, arrow selection etc.

Anthony,
Cattle in the house is hilarious. My girlfriend's sister has some assorted livestock. I got film pics of a little baby goat running around thier living room, and playing with the dogs.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:14 PM

Better them making small talk than them trying to get a feeding in

I have a buddy who used to walk cows into his house just to freak out his wife... How they stayed married is beyond me... Everytime I warn that a calf is coming in I get the Look. Yep, I got a shipping crate with the P's address on it and all the lviestock that can fit... I'm sure D and the Boys will love it [8D]

Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey - whatsup hombres? I'm officially on a study break for the next 10 minutes. Figured I'd pop on here and stir things up before I get started again.

Bossman was nice enough to give the slaves the holiday off tomorrow - and I originally had designs on going shed hunting for a couple hours tomorrow, but we got a fresh coating of snow this afternoon that will probably put the damper on that little fiesta. Looks like I'll be stuck here in the house up to my eyeballs in books. bleh

Any news from anyone? Same old, same old?

Here's my latest dilemma:

The wife is on me about getting a dog. She's one of thesewomen like you see on T.V., that has to have some gay dog that she can dress up inpitiful outfits.She WILL get her dog, even if she has to charge the filthy mutt on the mastercard, so I'm in a position where if I don't strike first, I'm stuck withsome ankle-biting fluffball in a pink sweatervest....And that's something that I just can't deal with. SO, I say that I should maybe make a "Pre-emptive strike", and pick out the dog as a "gift," but get the kind of dog that I want. Pretty slick eh? So, even if it's the "wrong breed," (i.e. - not the ankle-biting fleabag that she wanted) no woman can look a puppy in the face and say that she's taking him back. They just can't do it. I'll just play dumb and tell her that I bought the puppy that looked the cutest. (which wouldn't really technically be a lie)

The one I want is called a bernese mountain dog - looks quite bada$$, and would make an awesome wrestling partner. The thing is, this animal will grow to over 100# of pure beastmonster, and he will certainly turn this townhouse upside down. The way I figure, it's better that he demolishes the landlord's place than my own house, so if I can get him trained before we buy a house and move, the damage will be on the landlord, and I'll only be out of a security deposit. That way, I can have the mongrel tamed before the move, and I'll be able to relocate with a properly-trained, mannerly, adolescentpup. They say these dogs are awesome with kids and incredibly smart. She and I each had dogs before we went to college, but our parents both inherited those mutts (I had Golden Retriever, which is awesome- she had a Llasa Apso, which is a dreadfully ugly thing, and she put bows in his hair).Kinda comical, really. You'd really have to see it.

I was gonna save up for a bow, but I figure a gigantic dog would give me more entertainment value, and would get the wife off my back about getting her a dog.

Here's a picture of the Berner - no matter how hard she tries, it'll be awfully hard to sissyfythis guy. Imagine this beast with a bowin his hair. LMAO
Old 02-19-2007, 06:55 AM

Quick,

Bernease Mountain dogs are nice dogs but bewarned they are really, really prone to hip problems and will cost you an arm and a leg. Bearnese puppies are super cute Quick... Just super cute... Other big dogs that are nice would be some of the livestock guardian dogs but they tend to be more aloof than the Bearnese and a bit more athletic. I'll take some pictures of Moose for you, my 1/2 Anatolian 3/8th Maremma 1/8th Great Pyr.. 120 pounds of 11 month old puppy powerhouse, lol.

Big dog, in my opinion at least, tend to be a lot more kid friendly than the little ankle biters. Problem with the ankle biters is that the adult ankle is about the same level as the kids face. True, the little dogs won't maim junior but they sure will bite his nose off.. My opinion of little dogs is pretty much the same as my Calc teacher in highschool.... The only thing they are good for is cat food.. Damn little dogs have a napolean complex, pick fights with everyone and everything they see... Okay.. I'm done.....

Good luck but for the love of dougnuts don't be buying a Pekipoo.. or a Snoodle.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 AM

I just love pups Quick..

Little did we know what they would grow into...

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.