Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Thanks Bro, I'm good for one....one of these years it'll really impress.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah Rob - we need to work on a new rule that lets past champions (or any team that wants to) to stay together. It just won't be the same for all of us onnew teams.

I know, I know, we're hot commodities, and everyone wants a past champion on their team, in hopes that we'll be able to divulge the secrets of whitetail mastery that can catapult their team to greatness and capture that elusive Huntingnet Superbowl Ring. [8D]

It's like the NFL free agency period - a guy goes out and wins the big one, and all of a sudden, he's a highly-touted free agent, and teams are jumping through hoops to get him on their team (like Antwaan Randle El last year). It's nice to feel wanted, and we're all honored to be held in such high esteem, but really - I'd rather just stay on this team.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Yeah Rob - we need to work on a new rule that lets past champions (or any team that wants to) to stay together. It just won't be the same for all of us onnew teams.
I AGREE! What do you think Rob. PM me when you have time.

on a side note, my Lady Titans are now 7-1 on the season. Playing hard,improvingevery game, we are a work in progress...we won our tournament this weekend! first tournament trophy ever by a girls bball team here at River City..and first placeto boot! Our new school is 3 years old.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Troy,
Your PM storage is full.
Scot
Old 02-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go Coach! Keep up the good work man.

Hey Scot- did you ever settle on a vacation destination?

I'm not gonna lie to you guys - I'm sitting here watching a "Lifetime Original Movie" based on some womens' book, while the wife is staring daggers at me for not giving this fantastic film my undivided attention.I'm starting to have Sportscenter withdrawal - getting the shakes and an excruciating headache. Hands cold.... Can't feel my toes... Apparently it's rude that I'd rather be playing on the internet than watching "Montana Sky."

Mikie - any updates?

Anybody been hunting lately? I was invited out on a rabbit hunt, but it was too flippin cold this weekend (single digits, minus 2 today). I'd say that you'd have to be certifiably insane to even consider being outside in weather like that.

Gotta go - sportscenter is coming on. (movie over)
Old 02-05-2007, 09:27 PM

We haven't seen temps over 20 in about 10-15 days with the past week being 15 or so for a high and -11 for a low with 25-35mph winds... Spent all day Sunday, before the game that is, trying to get the old tractor to fire up... Finally did and got the critters fed.. WE are supposed to have a good system come intonight and dump some snow... If we get some I might get out tomorrow and do a little hiking with the dogs to get me some exercise... Going to be 15 with low winds so that won't be too bad... 14 day forcast doesn't have anything above freezing and if we get the 4-6 inches they are talking about it isn't going to get warmer... Thank the lord Iam not calving right now...

Might take the rifle just in case Wiley decides to pop up.. one of the reas I want to go is thick with the suckers. If i am lucky this week I won't run over a deer.. They are moving a lot with how cold it has been..Well moving earlier at least, must see at leat 15-20 of the suckers a day and I am not out that much including a group of 6 bucks near where I hunted.. I ask you, where the heck where they in December?

Old 02-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cold spell musta moved your way fellas. Its warming up here to the mid 30's.

IL, I couldnt get my cat to start last week either in the - temps. I needed to plow snow, luckily my neighbor got his up and going and did our driveway for us.

What time of the year do you start calving? March-April?

Well guys I plan on getting out this weekend for some good shed hunting. The snow pack is melting as we speak. Many bucks I am sure have dropped after that last 10 days of cold weather.

Good luck to all if you get out scouting, hunting or shedding...

Troy
Old 02-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Shed, We ususally are calving starting Feb 1st but last year, after pulling calves in sub zero BS, I decided that April was much, much nicer so we won't start calving ntil April 7th or so... Blue sky, 60 degree temps and green grass.. NOt much more that I can ask for... Much better than sitting in the machine shed, building a tent around my skid and 7410 and blasting a 125K BTU heater to get them to start... need to insulate my dang machine shed.

Low wind forcast was total BS.. Gusting wind all day so far... Just freaking miserable, lol.. Tomorrow... I shall hike.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

No Fran,
The vacation plans are not set.Punta Cana is beautiful and it does seem likely that we will end up going there.We need to figure it out pretty soon,we are looking to go away in late march!I am not a beach person,while I apreciate the beauty,I don't like to bake and slather all the sun block crap all over myself.I did my best to pitch some other destinations that contain mountains and critters but my wife and daughter saw right through my efforts.
When it is determined I will PM you.I appreciate all the information that you provided about Punta Cana!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:39 PM

Hey il just curious, you don't have a block heater on your unit? We plug in our 44-50 in -30 temps touch the key and away she goes. Another unit we used out in the oil rigs on the tandems was proheat. You set it to kick in 3 hours b4 you start the engine and your laughin.Never heard of anyone hookin this up to machinery but i can't see why not. Have a boo. http://www.proheat.com/ We always calved March-April. March is a fairly mild month here, still get a few frozen ears but not bad. Need to be done calvin by May to get on the field seeding.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.