Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Ryan did you get my pm? I had internet issues here at school yesterday, tried to pm you..had it up on the screen sent it and then got dis-con from our server. I dont know if it showed in your box, because I cleaned mine out right after that later in the day and forgot to check my sent items...

Old 01-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

No Troy it never got here. Another cyberspace casualty.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys just checking in. It was a good season for me even though I did not get a buck. I got to hunt alot the last few months of the season but just could not put a nice one down. I will be back after it next year.

I think that we should lobby to stay together since we are past champs. I really don't want to be on another team.

Quick I would really like to come up their and stay at deer camp next year. I will have to wait and see if I will be able to or not. I will be informed with in the next month if I am going to be an Indiana State Tropper or not. I have been pretty busy trying to get ready for the acadamey.

Now that deer season is over I have been out duck and geese hunting myself. I have not killed many birds but a few. The weather has not been cold enough up north to force the birds south. It can get cold but is a very fun time. It is about the only time that I get to hunt with other people. I enjoy the friendship that goes along with the hunting.

Good luck to everyone that is out hunting and be safe.

William
Old 01-13-2007, 06:50 PM

Season ended without a buck and with an injury.. took a doe about 10 days ago and on the draw I felt something go on my back behind/between my shoulder blades.. Has happened now and again so I didn't think much of it until the next day in which I felt a snag back there everytime I would extend in a certain way. Went to a chiro who is a family friend and her comments were "What the F... did you do?" I guess all those time to times that it was acting up should have been payed attention to... Oh well, nothing major, muscles just in spasm and pulling this and that in every direciton but the right one.. Basically some Advil and will and I can gut through it and I even went out one more time on Wed. but just didn't get it done guys, sorry, not sure I could have drawn well after sitting for a while anyways but wanted to give it a try. Have a nice Jan, and feb ahead of my for PT to try to get those muscles to loosen back up..

Old 01-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello guys, got my first goose today, froze my arse off in the rain then sleet, did not see a thing untill I was packed up and going back up river... one two three flocks before I could get set back up... twenty min. passed and ended up calling in 8 geese and put one into the water.... what a blast, patcients pays off again, went out by myself and got one.. Im pumped... hope the ice stays off for a little while longer so I have a few more opportunities.

Quick,
I would like to get out to your camp next year, keep me posted, I will just have to get it by the wife and I may be able to make it happen. What season is it gun, bow or both?

Rybo
I just got my rack to the pope and young guy to have it scored Thurs. I should be getting the mount back around the first of April.

Sounds like all had a good season buck or not this year. I hope we get to stay together, but if not it should make for an interesting season next year in watching many teams, not just the best one!
Team XX rules.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

AR, youve had a heck of nice fall! Two bucks and now the honker killer! Good work! I'm interested to see what the PY scores get net out of your typical. That sure is a beauty of a whitetail.

IL, sorry to hear about your hitch in your gitty up! I hope you feel better. Glad to hear you got a doe on the ground. Take care out there bud!

It's a cold snowy buggar here.. Gonna drop below 0 again tonight. Wash and I were gonna go shed hunting but we decided to wait till we get better condtions. I will probably try again behind my place tomorrow..instead.

Take care guys.
Troy
Old 01-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finished up my 06/07 deer season yesterday. Archery season ended here on Thursday, Fri-Sun was a doe only gun season. We got just shy of 5 inches of rain during the 3 day gun season, not much fun slopping around in the mud. I got out yesterday afternoon for a few drives, didn't see a thing. Its been great getting to know you guys over the past 2 seasons, we made a game of it this year going for the repeat. Hopefully we can stick together next year, if not, I'll have to check up on the score card for the familliar names/ faces lol.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys should be commended for yer performance last yearand this year.Nothing like hard work to be successful.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thx for the props Bob.

AR - Big congrats on breaking the ice on the geese. You've been out there sloggin' it up in the weather, and you deserved it. What kind of geese are you hunting? Canadian? I'll keep you posted on the camp thing.

Troy - Send some of that cold weather our way. We've had 1/2" of snow all year. It's rained here for 3 days straight. We actually have fruit trees in bud already and it was probably in the 60's at times on Saturday- global warming... Kinda creepy.

Rybo - we'll have to get out sometime in the next 2 months and start turkey scouting

Dave- glad you didn't drown out there. I think building an Ark might be a good idea at this point.

Over New Years weekend, I did get out for a little post-season scouting walk at deer camp. Check this out - my buddy took the pic on his camera phone. That tree was fatter around than my thigh, and I'm 5'11" 170. You won't find a much bigger rub than that around here.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought there were no big bucks in PA??[&:]Thats a nice rub Fran, I'm calling dibs on a 3 mile square around that bad boy LOL.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.