Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:20 AM

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Yesterday was a wash.. I heard so many gunshots going off I thought it was shotgun season so either people were sighting in or they got an early jump... Either way the only deer I saw in shooting range was a deere instead of a deer. The deer I saw were jumpier than all get out, I think the barage of shot guns going off already had them worked up. I need to go do a drive around for the gunners right now as I am sure they are in my fields as I sit here... I hate shotgun season for the treaspassing problem alone...

It could be worse... IT could be worse.
3 days of shotgun followed by 10 days of bow and than 4 more days of shotgun starting November 30th... Than we have one mroe month of archery.. I am still hopeful guys...

Old 11-17-2006, 10:24 AM

Oh, about the hand cannon... I shot a pistol chambered in 30-06 once when I lived in Montana...Great googly moogly that thing kicked... It didn't surprise me as much as the time my dad handed me his 20 gauge pump shotgun and told me to shot it... It was a 10 gauge.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anthony - sounds like you're getting some time afield bro, that's good. Sooner or later, something is bound to come close. Hunting is all about putting in the time and being in the right place when the deer finally cooperate. Keep at it, and you'll get to cut one loose.

Quiet day around here today - I think everybody is either hunting or working. I know TP says he was gonna be on stand all day. Hopefully he gets into some action.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in guys...

Ok ... started the day on stand with 11 elk passing by at bout 100 yards. Then had 1 small buck and two does go by at about 4 yards... then it got really cold (I am in a north wind was blowing about 5-10mphand it was 23 degreeswhen I hiked in)....it stayed chilly till about 9 a.m. when the sun finally made itsway into the north.Then Ihad a nice looking 4x4 pass in front of me in the brush about 70 yards he was hound dogging. He was a nice buck. 130 gross, talltined and high racked. He looked to be a 3.5 year old. I didnt call him, I didnt want to shoot him. I then finally warmed up a bit and sat until I heard my stomach growling. (forgot to bring any snacks) So I bailed and did some scouting then left for 4 hours. On my scout, I saw a couple does. I went back to my stand this evening and saw one little 2.5 year old 4x4 (90-100-class). He would have been a slam dunk but I just watched him pass on by at about 30 yards.

Thats it, I will be after em hard this weekend..Take care guys, I'll check back in tomorrow evening.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:36 PM

Talked to some ofthe shotgunners tonight... Most of them aren't seeing much.. Wonder what that is about, their is still a bit of corn up and if the deer have half a brain I know where I would be right now... A lot different than the typical opening day barrage that is for sure.. Tomorrow should be interesting as the city folks come into town.

Old 11-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in. Good looking kids.
Good luck guys.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

Ryan - exactly how many little ones are you wanting for collateral? - we could probably make arrangements for several of us to get together while You and Loretta hold the collateral!

Dave - those are good looking boys - glad I saw the word "future" in there

Guys - I have this feeling that there are some XX inches on the ground!

Best of luck to everyone still out there!

Mike
Old 11-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wish I could say that I had some XX inches on the ground for us, but no such luck. Went out tonight, and all I saw was a bunch of does. I will be back out there tomorrow, so hopefully I will have better news then. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in before I head to the stand...last day of guns 1st gun season here. Killed a doe yesterday, still haven't seen any big boys.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Monday is going to be fun in here.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.