Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Mike,

Good luck this weekend. Gotta love the snow! I had snow yesterday too.. Walking into my ground blind I had about 1.5 inches on the ground. I love hunting whitetails in the snow. I will get some good track checking in this weekend while scouting. Probably hunt the mornings and evenings and scout during the mid day...a bit..will see how things unfold, we are suppose to get more snow...

Troy

Old 11-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

I ran to lunch and the flakes were HUGE - about the size of half dollars! - talked to j - he said they were about the size of quarters back home - but the wind was blowing at 30+ MPH (guess it is just as well being stuck inthe office after all).

good luck!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:04 PM

With this rain and a bel rakng on m shreader iI am out of comision as of now until further notice in the crop shreading department so I will go outt omorrow and hopefully Sunday as well... Can't go all day as I need to feed the critters but will go for as much of the day as possible.. NExt week looks good too as the rain will probably keep coming for a while... Snow here tonight, proably, good thinga bout that is it really adds in determining where the heck the deer are moving NOW..

Good luck all, nice buck AR..

Old 11-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

HERE THEY ARE GUYS. I LOVE THIS DEER!!!

Old 11-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey AR, that is one awesome deer!!!! And nice job on the pictures.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man that is one nice buck, heavy, long tines, symmetry, a big happy smiling hunter behind it, its got it all. Congrats again. I'm sure you are still walking on air over that guy.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:06 AM

AR - Awesome Buck and even better pictures. Just wondering...Who is going to be doing the mount? I know a few guys up in your area. Actually, my new job is in Stanton...I don't know if you know where that's at but it's about two hours north of where I live now. We will be moving as soon as our house sells down here. I tell ya what, I've seen alot of great deer taken out of this state this year. Everybody is saying that the season hasn't been all that great which I would agree, but it seems that people really starting picking off bucks in the last two weeks.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fellas - We're on the board again. I closed out my season on Friday afternoon on a scrub 4x4 - I had a feeling he was going to be the last legal buck I'd see during archery season, so I had to take him.It worked out for the best, b/c the deer never moved the rest of the day. It was hotter than a $10 pistol out there. He tapes out at a whopping 71.5".

However, the only picture that I have of Me, buck and bow is a camera phone picture that I sent to Ryan. I dropped the deer off at my uncle's place on Friday night and iced him down, and when I got there yesterday morning to take pictures and help butcher, he'd already had the buck skun out and the head lopped off.

Ryan, if you could, go ahead and post that picture and we'll see how it looks (I know it will be super-grainy and not so good). Here's the one from my camera phone. We took the other one with my buddy's brand new razr phone, so we'll see how Samsung measures up vs. the goliath Motorola.

Today if it dries up a bit, I'm headed back down to the farm to hunt for Mr. October, and take the metal detector down and look for my arrow. I spent some time Friday after I shot this guy looking but I couldn't get in too close to where he ran, b/c my buddy was bowhunting in there.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here you Fran, I enlarged it and lightened it up a little better.

The toughest thing with the pic was that the original size was very small, so blowing it up lost resolution.

Congrats again, XX is chipping away. We still got some more guys who will put up some inches too.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Team XX, Kings of the bad pictures LOL. Congrats Fran, I know you put in the hours this year, glad to see it paid off for you. Way to keep us in the running.

BTW, did anyone else see Lady Forage's buck?Maybe if no one mentions it....it never happened LOL.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.