Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 PM

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Mike, congrats on th upcoming arival.. My little one that was born last March is starting to crawl and try to pull himself up... Almost as big as his big sister now too.. He s a moose and she is a teeny thing... Oh well... Oh, and you won't see me routing for the cards either.. As a fourth generation cubs fan (genetic disease that needs further studying if you ask me) I almost died last year when the white sox won... I might just become cataplactic if the cards win this year... The only thing that would cure me might be a case of buck fever, or a Bears super bowl... That 8 point that I showed a picture of keeps showing up but not when I am hunting... Crosses the same area every 3-4 days it seams.. Me and my neighbor have almost harvested him with a zillion grain truck a few times, lol... Hoping to get out this weekend a lot but we shall see.. The rain is throwing heck in my farm activities..

Good luck all

Anthony

OH. Mike, I got the prints... nice, thank you very much.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan,

That is absolutely awesome! what a shot...

thanks for the pix, congrats again... obtw...what in the heck was JR. thinking in Martinsville? LOL

PM'd ya...need to chat about the "RD"..sometime..

Troy
Old 10-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the news Mike

OH, thanks for the prints, very cool. I will have to get them framed and into my shed. I think I may hook my dad up with one too.

Ryan, nice shot, just think if there was another deer there instead. Would have been a double kill-passthrough.
I dont like to shoot does, I dont mind if other do, I usualy only eat one deer a year, so I press hard for on buck and take my time to find a nice one durring the season. I was raised, if you shoot all the does, you will not have any bucks...... I do enjoy watching them pass by and think to myself how lucky they are.....

I am looking into something cool for our team, Let me find out how much it is going to cost me and I will go from there, I will let you all know when I will need your addresses.

Went out twice this week so far and still have not seen anything moving. I need to be hunting with my luck charm (my daughter). Seems to be the only time I see deer!!! I will be out this morning, cold cold and sun this morning, should be a good hunt.

Wow, that buck is nice that team 26 posted. I love the angle of the picture.

Good luck guys
Mark
Old 10-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the doe Rybo! Awesome shot! I've always seen deer stretch their heads back like that, and wondered what would happen if you took it that way. That's pretty sweet.

I'd probably be right there with you on the doe hunting, but I have trouble giving my deer away, since processing costs are going up nowadays. Back when you could get a deer butchered for $25, people couldn't get enough. Now, it's around $60, and I can't give them away. My freezer only holds one.

Anthony - good luck getting out there. You sure have been getting a ton of rain lately. Glad to hear the kids are doing well. Sounds like you spend a lot of time with 'em, and that's what it's all about.

Mark - keep at it pal. Sooner or later, your good luck charm is gonna bring the bruiser in. It's getting to be that time.

Troy - Boise State KILLS me, I always like to watch them, but when they're on, it's usually a late-night game, and I wind up staying awake until god knows when just to see the game. Something about that blue turf... You played at Idaho, right?

Old 10-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I hunted in the rain this morning, I got a buck last year in the rain, so I thought I would see if I got lucky twice. I saw a buck ( I know, shocking LOL) about 40 yards away, he was a tweener..bigger than a basket rack, but not a wall hanger.I forgot my binos so I decided to grunt to see if he would come in closer. He didn't pay any attention to my tru talker, so I picked up my MAD Growl, I just grunted with it, didn't growl, and here he came. I drew when he stopped behind a tree, he was about 20 yards, and then he steppedinto the open, and couldn't shoot....just couldn't do it. He's nice, would have been my best with a bow, but I am determined to hunt until December for a wall hanger, and this was right behind my house, and there won't be anyone gun hunting it this year. I hope he makes it another year, he's probably a 120 or 125 now, next year he should be great. He was twice the size of the one I took last year, and I normally would have smoked him, but today....i just had to let him go. He lloked to be a 9 with a spead of about 15 inches, almost even with his ears. Good Tine length, but lacked mass, and I know there is a 150 class 10 there. He better not keep tempting me though..[8D]
Old 10-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

DAVE! Youcan't just be passing up 120 class bucks?! You're killing me man. Just kidding- sounds like you have a pretty good spot right there, and you'll get a shot at a wallhanger soon enough. Team XX has spared quite a few whitetails this fall. That took a lot of restraint, I'm sure. If he's hanging around, you might see him later, and his luck might change. I know it seems like you're sacrificing by passing on him now, but it usually works out for the best that way. Keep houndin' em.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man tonight is a real good looking night to be out in the woods. Fran I hope you area getting out. I've just got way to much to take care of with butchering, and washing up all my clothes, plus some other things that need done around the house. I may just duck behind the house for hte last hour. I process my own deer, I could never shoot this many and pay for them. I supply the rest of my family with deer and never (rarely) buy meat at the store.

Mark,
Funny you bring that up. I actually had to wait on another deer passing behind her before releasing the arrow. She was on a hill so the angle would almost surely taken the other deer as well. In the areas I hunt I could fill 10 doe tags and not feel bad about killing all the deer.

Dave,
That's a big buck man. I hope you nail a real whopper for having such self control in passing. A 120 walks by me and he's smoked.

Troy,
Yea you should have heard the giant collective groan when Jr spun. It was wild.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I normally would have shot that buck, but on my land with little pressure, knowing theres one alot bigger, and really wanting one for the wall, I couldn't do it. I can't explain why.....at my dads farm, that buck would have been a trophy, but I have seen several bigger on my ground. Just hope I don't regret it later.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck eveyone! Sounds like a lot of us are getting out tonight and the movement is picking up for everyone. I can't wait. the weather is right, the bucks are starting to check areas, saw a couple 3.5 year oldslast night while driving home slinking across the highway out by my place. Had a spike bull and cow elk feeding in my front yard after dark..who needs a lawn mower... LOL

Old 10-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Ryan - congrats bud - if you were using 4 blades you would have marked her with the XX brand!! - that was an awesom shot!

Dave - I don't think you will regret that - the 150 has your name on it this year! - then next year - he may be close to that! - best of luck.

Thanks for the well wishes - we still have a long way to go with the little miracle - but everything is looking good so far!

Anthony & Mark - you are welcome- should have told you all that I was sending multiple prints - I have tons of them and it cost no more to ship multiples - so thought I would in case of family or friends - trade bait etc. Hope everyone enjoys!
Ryan & Fran - good luck tonight! - and this weekend!
Anthony - hopefully the buck will think he sees a grain truck in your stand and wander over that way! - been raining here on and off all day - and looks like it is heading you way - sorry.
Dave - Good luck this weekend.
Troy - Your mower would taste much better than mine! - good luck this weekend!

Well have to put my nose to the grindstone for the next two hours then wind er up and head er south!

I will try to get on tomorrow sometime!

Best of luck to everyone - here is to a great XX weekend!

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.