Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

I'm doing Fuzzy Wuzzy Bunny - The Football Hero. My fantasy football team is the Fuzzy Wuzzy Bunnies, so I got this pink football jersey to wear over the rabbit suitwith random accessories. I'm gonna staple some cardboard inside the jersey to makeshoulder pads. Black stickies under the eyes and a breath-rite strip over the nose. I can't do a helmet, so I'm tying a Chuck Norris-style pink bandana around the head. I have an old pair of football spikes and some wide receiver gloves that I might wear too. It's all about how you accessorize. Ha Ha

The wife is being a referree, so that should be pretty funny since all the guys from my fantasy league will be there. I'm most excited about the naughty referree. LOL

Mike - funny you mention the blood trail. We almost did Rabbit Hunter and Rabbit. Unfortunately, I couldn't sucker her into being Naughty Woodman Hunter Girl, while I dressed as bloody, wounded rabbit.

I like the tattoo idea, but the fur on this thing is real long, and I don't want to permanently damage it, because I have too much fun tormenting the kids every Easter with it. Now the Mohawk.... that might be do-able. This bunny needs to look intimidating.

Dave - that description of your halloween outfit reminded me of the Sex Panther scene from Anchorman. "it's illegal in ten countries..." Leisure suits are awesome. So do you still wear that thing around the house or what? You can be honest, we won't make fun of you. I'm serious, we won't. LOL

By the way, no way the Cards blow out the Mets tonight. They're gonna make you sweat it out. Even with Carp on the mound, they left too many runs on the bases last night, so that's gonna carry over to tonight. There you have it -my fearless prediction.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, i don't wear it around the house LOL.

No way, IMO, the Mets win tonight.
1) Maine's era is over 10 vs STL this year, Pujols hitting a cool .450 against him.
2) Carp is the reigning Cy Young winner.
3) The Mets suck.
4) The Cardinals rule all.

My prediction, Cards 7-3 winners tonight, Pujols and Edmonds go yard, (so does Beltran...that little ...[:@]) We then get our keisters handed to us by the no name Tigers, and Leyland, who was a low level scout for the Cardinals until last year.[>:]
Old 10-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys crack me up.

I did venture out last night, even if it was only behind the house. Acorns dropping like mad. No deer just squirrels. Its only been since the beginning of archery season that the neighbors son stopping running his dog back there. I still don't think the deer find it safe to hang out. I'm hoping maybe that will be a late season area for does, since there should still be tons of acorns left.

I like halloween, but it falls when the hunting is too good. I love hunting halloween day, just something about it. Anyways, we(I should say loretta) take the dog into my parents since we get no tricker treaters where I live and dress her up and hand out candy thier. The kids love a dressed up dog, this year she will be a power ranger. I end up hunting almost all day, sometimes stop in to check out some costumes and head back out.

Tonight I plan to head out again for what will be my last hunt for a while. Heading to martinsville, VA this weekend to watch some beatin' and bangin' on the race track. none of my dogs are in the hunt, so I'll just root against gordon and johnson[8D]
Old 10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck tonight Ryan, I'm heading out tonight too, just not sure where. Hope to be back in the car when the puck drops at 7:30 forMalkin's big debut. Have a blast at the race.

On the halloween hunting, back when I was in high school, I killed my buck and dragged it into the back yard just as the first trick-or-treaters were walking up the driveway. You might be a redneck if you've ever had to wash deer blood off your hands before you can pass out candybars to little kids.

I know what you mean about the walking dog thing. My oldneighbor walks his dog every night, and he has effectively ruined the evening hunting behind my parents' place.

A Power Ranger dog? That's pretty awesome. We may need to see a picture of that.

Man I love halloween, therut starting and an excuse to dress up like a complete idiot.

Dave - if the Cards win, will you be attending any of the WS games? Anyway, I hope you're right and the boys can pull it out tonight. There are a lot of guys on that team who deserve another shot at the crown after living the Red Sox debacle.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if I can score WS tix or not, I've been bled dry this month by going to all these games. The WS tickets offered to us are $90 a seat, IIRC. Those are not even good seats. For $90 in STL, I could........probably end up divorced LOL.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck tonight Ryan and Quick, I hope to get home in time to get out behind my house as well. I have a meeting until 4 pm.

Ryan I wish I was with you at Martinsville that sounds like blast.

Holloween hunting has always been fun, but now that I have kids, my wife usually wants me to tag along to help with the boys and trick or treating..

Quick thatredneck line..is classic..Ican just picture you as a kid dragging that buck..in LMAO...sweet..

I can't wait tillSat morning to sit in my new stand...site..

Good luck guys, be safe...

Troy

Old 10-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Ryan - good luck tonight - you have to send me a pic of your dog - G absolutely loves the Power Rangers! - he would get a kick outta that!

I have always taken Halloween off and hunted, no matter what day of the week it has been - just one of those goofy things - have not shot any deer on that day - or seen any Huge bucks on that day - I might just say screw it this year!

Troy - good luck at the new site

Later
Old 10-18-2006, 06:58 PM

the last time I had a kid come to the house on halloween had to have been... 1999 when I lived in a neighborhood.. The 3 100-130 pound dogs running around outside tend to keep the faint of heart away.. Almost ended my bow season today while we were working cows... Don't know what I was doing but I smacked my slightly closed hand into the squeeze chute... Hand is still sore, for a second there I thought I was going to have one of those "How the heck did he break 3 bones in his hand" story... Oh well, need to finish off the pregging tomorrow, would have finishd today but the skies opened up once again..

Old 10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Ryan and Quick I hope you had good luck tonight. Quick as for the mount I am pretty sure that I am going to do a euro mount but have not had time. I am hoping to get it done soon though. Ryan have fun at the race. I hope that the bucks start showing them selves soon. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

William
Old 10-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran,
I would like my humble pie ala mode, with a diet coke please. Friggin mets[:@][:'(][:'(]

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.