Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team XX Thread

Fran, you only been married a couple months and you are already trying to ship the wife off.
I'm a fast learner.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:06 PM

LOL, already have two PRIMEribe steaks defrosting as we speak. 1.5 inches thick and about heb est tasting thing this sie off.. Well, I haven't found beef that tastes better. Have a whole freezer to go through.. Yes, I tend to spoil myself when she goes away, lol.. The way I see it if I was going to b paying to feed 3 while she was here I might as well spend what I would normally spend on all three just on me... Right? Huh?

The house is too quiet though, even the dogs are taking it easy today, no kid running around to give em grey hairs, they might enjoy this vacation more than I do
Old 08-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, Its time to get serious, I just cleared my avatar pix...whats in the past is in the past its time to fill that with a 2006 archery harvest. I start hunting tomorrow.

I havent felt this many butterflies of excitement in years. I am going to start by hunting off the ground for a big typical, that I kept very good tabs on all summer. He's a hawg....big frame..I last filmed him in early July, he looked to be a clean clean buck...4x4 possibly building his 5ths to be a 5x5, nevertheless hes ahawg... I have a couple back up bucks to get after as well, including old yellers area, but the land owner has his cattle right in on the alfalfa right now..I will hunt in there but probably after I see how the first couple days go on this big typical.. "ole grey" hes got a grey muzzle..hes been around a while.

The house is finally showing signs of finishing! whew its been one crazy summer...

Ryan and Mike I might as well just hang onto your rattles or elk sheds..and not ship them, I still haven't put them in the mail... As for everyone else..um well....I will try to get them out over labor day weekend, my builder is going to take 5 days off..so... I hopefully will have a little free time in between hunts... I am back at work today...(school) I may be a little more visible now...

Who all gets to start in SEPT?????

I start Tomorrow boys...say a prayer... I may get a chance to put the ole grey buck to sleep! like I said I have butterflies just thinking about it right now! Man I am amped...

Peace brothers of the XX ! Safe and prosperous hunts to all!

Troy

Old 08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get after em shed....Good luck buddy.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Allright, you guys are making me jealous.

Troy is hunting for world-class deer tomorrow and Anthony is bachin' it at home in an estrogen-free environmentfeasting on Prime Rib and hangin' loose with the dog.

Meanwhile... I'm glued to my office chair with two briefs due, and my workout partner just got home from vacation, so that means he'll be slaughtering me at the gym tonight. Booooo [>:] Anyway.....

Troy - good luck on that buck tomorrow - I'll be thinking about ya.
Anthony - don't make yourself sick on undercooked meat or O.D. on A-1.

PA season opens 9/30

Old 08-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our opening day in IL is October 1. I'll have to take out my frustrations on dove this weekend lol.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck Shed, not that you need it. I know you will do fine. My season starts September 16th, and I cant wait. Got in a lttle fender bender with the race car last week end, its junk now, so looks like I am back to one sport, so now I focuss more of my time on hunting. Good luck to everyone else!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Troy - good luck on the buck tomorrow
Button - shoot a lot of doves
Big - sorry to hear about the car
Anthony - MMMMMMMMMM sounds good
Ryan - I like the shooting range
Fran - you should still be in honeymoon mode!

Best of luck - Mike
Old 08-29-2006, 07:56 PM

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

TROY - Good Luck with ole grey. Can't wait to see your pics.

Season doesn't open until October 1st here. I'm completely stressed out over it being so far out butthe doctor tells me just take one day at a time (haha). My only thing to look forward to soon is taking a little anger out on those Canadian Honkers...Season opens Friday and I'll be hunting a few buds that live about an hour north.

I've got about half of my stands to get up yet...hopefully be done by this next week. Talk to ya guys later.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Hey thanks guys, I am sitting here this eveningwaiting to put hunting clothes in the dryer, finishing up some last minute preperations for tomorrows hunt.

Heres a little run down of tomorrows game plan, help me out if I am forgetting anything...

Get home from work early, shower/spray down and slip out of the house quick in scent free washes sweats...

Arrive 1 mile from ground blind around 3 pm. (gets dark at 8 pm) Get out and get my hunting clothing out of the storage container and scent lok bag.

Dress, dress spray down again(vanishing hunter, good stuff fellas!)outside andupwind of the rig and slip back in on an old logging road approximately one mile to my blind. Be in the blind by 4 pm. Take a few photos...glass the other mountains and sit and wait. I am positioned about 200 yards from the big boys bedabout 100 yards back in the timber off the food source.

The wind will be blowing uphill, (thermals) the buck is back in the timber slightly below me but he always (this summer) made his way up hill while side hillingwith the down hill thermals working pefectly for himinto the feeding area. I am positioned on the ground slightly above a heavily used elk trail that he uses and or parallels to access the feeding area. About the time he normally gets up to move, I expect the thermals to begin drifting down hill. They will. As long as I dont get an eastern wind, (very rare in this spot) He will be moving from the east towards me as I set west of him and slightly above where I expect him to move out along a tree line in a pinch point to feed. I hope to get a down hill shot, but a side hill shot will be fine too. I have shooting lanes all around my blind except for right behind me which is straight up the mountain. I have onlywatched him access this area from one direction all summer. He really has no idea anyone is even around. This spot is pretty remote and a good walk in. I will be able to put an arrow in him if he comes below me or beside me

Gear: Bowtech liberty, set at 80 lbs. ACC 371's tipped with Magnus Snuffer SS's 100 grains, white and black tiger crest with green and white blazers. Full scent lok suit covering from head to toe, topped with a over-all lightweight 3-d camo leaf. Lacrosse rubber boots, scrubbed and washed in baking soda and Vanishing hunter. I expect a few little bucks that have been preceding him all summerto walk out before he does and by me. I am confident they wont pick me up. I will see. Really the only way he will get past me is if he stays down in the timber below me an passed by and pops up down below..I have never seen him do this because he would expose himself to an open hill side if he goes more than 100 yards past me since there is a big bend in the ridge...he doesnt seem to like open areas..imagine that with and old gray faced buck. Theres another good buck in there... but I have never seen him down this far...

Temps are suppose to dive down 20 degrees tomorrow...I couldnt ask for better conditions for early archery season!

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.