Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team XX Thread

Yea I really got to give credit to my neighbors that they are still living next to me, or haven't called the men in white suits to have me taken away. Let's see there are the shrill noises(predator call practice and this summer elk calling), skulls being boiled on the porch for euro mounts, the 1st year in the house I skinned my deer hanging from the side porch, bow range in yard(including a treestand position), late night flashlight walking thru the yard looking for nightcrawlers, the failed attempt at planting part of my yard as a food plot, the odd big patch of uncut grass the one spring because I found a nest of baby bunnies, it just goes on and on.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rybo, thats funny. Good luck on your upcoming elk hunt. Maybe Rob will let you enter a bull instead of a buck?

I picked up a Moultrie Game Camera last night. Going to put it up this weekend, so hopefully I'll get a pic or 2 of the deer that will taunt me this season lol.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

Hi Guys - I am still alive just been nuts here at work - finishing up a project and going to head home for a while!

Sum - if you still have not gotten your package send Christine an e-mail she was who sent me a PM.

Trail Cam's - two went into the woods on the second hottest day of the year. after fighting for about an hour and half one was ripped off the tree, never to work again, one left - 4 rolls of film and over 100 "trips" later...no pic's all were black! - We may get some new one's this week.

Sorry again guys - I will make a concerted effort to get prints in the mail this week (yes I do need my butt kicked!)

Sounds like you guys are seeing lots of deer ...SWEET!

IL I am in the same boat - corn is just too tall to see much.

Good luck to all on the big-un's this year

Ryan - we cannot forget to take the white tails out to attach to the extra large tan deer, hopefully that can rack up some early points for the team.

Take care XX - I am off to bed!

Mike

Old 08-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have we all checked in from the team? I will try to look back and confirm that we have. If not we will need to find an alt. to fill the spot. Good luck to all.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:31 PM

Well...I'm definitely here.

I went today and set 4 stands and cut out shooting lanes (NOTE: It was hotter than H!LL). I absolutely love a couple of my spots. Sawabasket eightyesterday feeding on the male rows of the seed corn that they knocked down (outer edges). Checked him out thru my binos and WALLA....they had blotches of red! First buck I've seen starting to shed.

Anyway, put my camera back out and hopefully I can get a few pics of the three big boys I've seen out there. Now it's just a matter of time...34 days an counting!!!

Oh by the way guys...I did email Christine again a couple weeks ago. Never received an email or heard anything back. Still nothing in the mail like you all got! Oh well, I don't any of us ever expected anything.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:15 PM

Every one has checked in at least once.. some a few times..

Yeah, the corn makes things fun, watching it starting to fire already... Guessing harvest will be early this year but it was supposed to be last year as well. WE shall see... Raining like crazy around here now..

Bought 2 trail cams today, Leaf River IR's.. Well, I ordered them, should be here Wed. Now I just need to get the ground blind I have been looking for, maybe 2 so I can set them up in the areas without trees suitable for climbing.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

....tick .....tick .....tick .....tick

34 more days.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:00 AM

Quick, Found out what was wrong with my Quad... Darn solinoid for the starter has a short in which kept blowing fuses... Fun.

Wel, the wife and kids left for grandmas for the week today. Figure I have lots of time to go out and scout a bit and clear some more lanes..Just going to plan a drive for sunset, just need to take care of the dog's PT this evening before headin out...

Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

IL - Look at the bright side - you were only blowing fuses and not burning up starters.

A week of Peace & Quiet without the wife and kids, eh? That's my speed right there.

Now, you get the chance to do all the good redneck stuff that doesn't go over so well when the Misses is around: Drag out the Weber and grill huge wads of red meat for you and the dog for5, 6, 7 days straight. Sportscenter or OLN on the tv all day. Practice your "treestand" shots from the roof. Plink cats and tweety birds with the BB gun out the kitchen window. Make a huge mess in the house and refuse to clean it up until the last possible second before they get home. Gamble online. Chase women.

Say, I need to send my wife away for a week. I keep trying but she won't leave. [8D]
Old 08-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fran, you only been married a couple months and you are already trying to ship the wife off.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.