Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team XX check in

Well fellas they've laid out our competition(in theory at least). I've scanned over the teams and I think we match up man for man better than any of them. There are some unknowns to contend with but if we just play our game like we know how, we should have no problems. I think we need to play things like last season. Jump on them early and take the spirits from them, our defense is too much to come back on. When it's late in the 4th quarter and the game is close, just remember back to the preseason. All the hard work, shooting, hanging stands, cutting lanes. Remember those velvet covered racks that you glassed while sweating and being eaten by mosquitoes. All the glory and fame of last season has now faded, soon we'll just be a bunch of guys sitting up in trees. So let's go out there, stay focused, be safe and do what we all love to do.....hunt hard and put a buck on the ground. Good luck guys.

Fran,
No doe tags yet. Last year I didn't get 2B until the day before the season.
The one thing about having not so many hunting spots is that they are easier to narrow down and you don't 2nd guess QUITE as much.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Figured I share a couple pics of my range set up in the yard. Closest target is 25 yds, farthest is 55.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:57 PM

The teams are picked and the trash talkin has already begun. I love it...I get another year to try and score some points for the same team. There are a few that we haven't heard from in a while....Is everyone still in it or are we going to have to pick up an alternate or two.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I AM HERE!!!!
I think I am all set on the video setup for hunting this year. It looks like I am getting out of that for about 160.00. I think that is fairly good for a camera (used) and video arm. The only thing I wish I could have got was a camera that would UBS to the computer!!!! I went with an 8mm camera that I hope I will be able to transfer to disk and be able to share it with all of you.

What did happen to Troy??

"OH CAPTIN MY CAPTIN"

I took out my Daughter and put her stand up last weekend! Hope we have some success for youth season. She tells me she is going to shoot one bigger than mine on the wall. I wished her luck and said that would make me proud.

Shot some good 3-D last week too. 264 out of 300 and top shooter for the shoot was a 273... I would have been right there had I not missed the first target!!! duhh.. 45 yard first shot is not real fair. One of thoes "man thats a long way away" and just dont want to believe it.

TEAM XX ROCKS
Old 08-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team XX Thread

our team has more hits than the official rules!! Thats funny!! LOL
Old 08-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Everyone keeps popping in and reading our thread, hoping that we will divulge some kind of secret recipe for killing trophy deer. Unfortunately, you can't teach skill. [&:]

AR - what is the best way to get an 8mm film converted to a digital file? I have about 20 minutes of spotting video from this year on my buddy's camera. Eventually I'll borrowthe tape, convert it and post it onlinefor you guys if I realize that I have that kind of technical skill.

Rybo - that's a pretty slick range you have there. I can't believe that six pointer just stands there and lets you take pictures of him like that - it's almost like he's tame. Looks like he's out of velvet already too.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: AR 34 eight point

our team has more hits than the official rules!! Thats funny!! LOL
Yeah but you soon to be losers, , have had a team longer than the official rules....I use the team losers, lightly because I still give props for last season! HOWEVER!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:07 PM

Maybe we have to PM Troy to wake him up out of his slumber... Guessing the remodel he was doing is keeping him busy, he was on recently, last week I think.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I am alive! I have had very little time to get in except for in the late evenings. The house is Kickin' my arse! Its all good, My wife and I haven't had a day off in 3 weeks. All is good though, but dang I had no idea how busy we would be. We are doing it all ourselves with the help of my good bud/carpenter Chad. Anyway, Dirt work (huge dirt moving!) Had to dig out a place for a shop and car port, I used the fill...to build (12-15 feet deep fill) nice big yards around three sides of my place, chit I have been moving mountains out here! LOL Kitchen cabnets are getting set Thursday, we finish up hanging sheet rock tomorrow ...I hope!

Built asweet little fishing pond for my boys..with my dozer.. bout 12 feet deep, lol..have some good pics of the dozer and me down in there.....its filling fast...natural springtrickeling into it...it has about 4 feet of water in it already...should be pretty full bout the time Mike and Ryan are here for elk hunting..

I have been going out late in the evenings and glassing bucks in my spots. Old Yeller is alive and so is Highrack. I found a big big 4x4..160 plus class...and another hawg 8x7 main frame 5x5.... anyway I get to hunt a week from tomorrow...

I am sitting here finally putting these Danged RATTLING antlers in a boxes for shipping, I know you guys are all saying..yeah what ever ! but dang guys I cant tell you how they get shoved aside in all this kaos around here! lol...

I just finished building a dozen arrows ... Blazers, ez crest wraps, 100 grain Magnuss snuffer SS's ...ACC's they are sweet... I put some money down on a new Quad today...450 yammer hammer....should get it in two days..(paper work) ... Wife is getting her danged Granit counter tops..chit..thats fun to pay for! LOL

RYAN/MIKE/Pat.... I am busting my hump to get this place liveable for you guys come Sept 15...did I mention its very dirty and dusty around this place! Gravel is gonna be hauled in tomorrow... grass is finally growing if I can keep the danged neighbors cows off it!!!!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@]

Life is good fellas, I am just busier than I can remember...school starts the 27, Jess starts Kindergarten.....I start hunting the 30TH! Yahooooooooooooooooooooo

You all keep this post alive and strong...for another week or so..when I get back to school I can catch up with you on my prep hour....right now...I dont have a lick of time to get online...

Peace Brothers of the XX .... YOU all put some arrows in some critters....shoot what makes ya Happy! I am gonna hammer a couple slammers this year! God Willing! I can't wait for opening day... less than 10 days! Oh my Cudde back "No flash" is really cool...working well for me..thatthing is deadly silent, verystealthy...got about 25 pics so far...

Troy
Old 08-23-2006, 09:03 AM

Ahh House building fixing up is a pain in the arse. We are about to start up a bit here soon but I don't have to do it as while I can build things my finishing ability stinks... As I am real good at starting projects but I never seem to get them finished... I have a Yamaha 400 that just died on me for the second time this summer. Firts time was after I took it in for a complete fluid change and tune up. They forgot to tighten the oil drain plug all the way... Cost them a new engine. this time the electrical failed.. It is 3 years old but this is silly. Bought a new Polaris 500 earlier in the summer and it is a bit nicer but a lot bigger. Will be paying for it for another year however..

I need t go buy two or three things for hunting but am waiting for a couple of checks to come in. Buying a couble doubles and I need to order another trail camera so I can cover more ground with them.

Think about the cows this way Troy, they are fertilizing your new seeding

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.