Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Anthony - those pups look awesome. Shame how fast they grow up. They need to figure out a way to freeze them at that age. I'm such a sucker for a big fat fluffball of a pup with big old clumsy feet.

I've read that stuff about the hip dysplasia in the Berners. My golden has really bad hips - he's 8 now, and has a lot of trouble - probably gonna have to put him down in the next year or two. Sad really, b/c he's a super good dog. Best one I ever had, crazy smart. The golden's problem is at least somewhat attributable to his fatness. He tips the scales at a buck-twenty, and I think the vet says that his frame should only carry 90 pounds. After I moved out, mom adopted him as her new baby, and he started getting table food, which went straight to his fat a$$. LOL He just lays around the house like a piece of furniture now.

Some of the breeders will get the pups x-rayed before they sell them, and have the vet certify that his hips are in good working order. So if I do get the Berner, I'll make sure to watch his weight closely, and keep him from turning into Jabba-the-Hut.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:00 AM

The parents should be certified as hip displaysia free. A lot of times it won't show up in the pups until they are older.. I will tell you what the folks told me about my pups when I bought them. Don't even think about feeding them puppy food. Feed them large breed Adult food. Keep them lean as possible and grow them slow and you will be in better shape. My neighbors were talking about getting a BMD when we lived out in Montana so this is probably the only reason I know anything about them.

I know all about overly fat dogs... I strugle with my dogs either being too fat or too darn skinny.. Hard to find that happy medium.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:12 PM

Here is the tan and black masked on in October or November.. Can't remember for sure.. I think November because I was moving bales.. Ealry part of the month. I guess his sister is in the background too.. They have only gotten bigger... That is my 3.5 year old daughter in the picture.. Kind of a peanut but not much different sized than the average kid of that age.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice lookin pups you got there Anthony. Cute little girl too. She looks like she's pretty attached to those dogs. Did you let her name 'em?

My goodness your land out there is as flat as a pooltable. Wow. Around here, you can't see 300 yards without a hill getting in your way. Good stuff man. Post more pics if ya got 'em. Kids, dogs, farm, animals, anything.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 PM

lol... I went for a walk yesterday with the Kelpies... Maybe I'll post them.. Ahhh.. This is one of the areas I hunt from time to time..

3 year old Dog

8 year old dog

4 year old dog

Abandoned homestead.. Lots of deer traffic in this area, unpredicatble is the problem

Same homestead.. Old windmill..

A reminder of warmer times... Lol.. Yeah, you can see for miles but the funiest part is you show pictures to folks out in western Kansas/Nebraska and all they can say is look at all the trees... I laugh when I hear tha..
Old 02-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

lots of good stuff guys, LMAO. sorry been out for so long, work has been killin me, and that is the only time I can spare to get on the computer!!

Whats up with Rob? Is he not going to run this contest next year?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well IL....I can't see the pups.. dang red x's here. I will have to look at them at home on my speedy Dial up...funfun...

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a busy week this and next. 7 games in the next 9 days... then done for the season. Shed hunting/scouting time will increase big time.

Good luck to everyone getting out there. Snowing here again today. Grrrrr
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

let it snow, let it snow let it snow... picked up 3 more inches last night at my place...

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was sorry not to see you guys repeat this year...... Although it may be betterfor the overall health of the contest.....Breaking you guys up will increase the talent pool for next years drawing

It's been a great run for you guys, congrats.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scott,

Thank you, coming from you, that means a lot. This team has been a great experience for me. I feel fortunate to have these guys as my life long friends.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.