Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Tim, good luck my friend, You guys have a tough team to contend with over there, but we'll be just fine, lots of game time left..

Rob, naw we are just being a little more selective this year we'll finish strong..there are too many dedicated hunters on this team to not fill some tags..
Old 10-31-2006, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trick or Treat baby...Happy Halloween.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have an INSANE story that goes with this buck. Some of the wildest deer behavior I've ever witnessed. I'll get to it in a bit. Let's just say that buck growl thing is real, this guy did that and snort wheezed a bunch in defending his doe.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Fantastic buck rybo, you seem to pull it out every year. I can't wait to read the story.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice Job a Halloween buck!!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's the story, its over in the regular section too.
I had been on stand for 3 ½ hours seeing a small buck and some does, when the woods just exploded. Leaves crashing, branches breaking deer running like mad. I could clearly see a small buck running and caught the rack of a real nice one. They played out in the distance for a few minutes before finally working their way to me so I could see what’s going on. The big buck was with a hot doe and would only leave her side to chase the small buck away. He was angry and wanted to hurt the little buck. Over the next 30 minutes I watched this big guy, snort wheeze, grunt and growl at the little buck while chasing him if he felt the little guy got too close. You could not imagine the intensity he went after this buck with. I can’t describe it enough to do the scenario justice. All my calls fell on deaf ears, my only hope was to have the doe come over and thankfully she did. The big buck followed and came charging in to about 12 yds, I drew and waited, a few limbs blocking my shot. After what felt like forever he charged at the small buck again, zipping thru my opening. Stopping in another blocked area at only 10 yds, I had to let down. The doe was now literally under my stand and the big boy held guard. I could see his chest pounding, probably more than mine was. He went to take a couple steps and I drew, stopping briefly in an opening he snort wheezed one final time at the forky. I released and saw my arrow hit hard. The buck only jumped once and maintained his position, glaring at the small buck. Instinct told me to grab another arrow, but I could see by his wounds, he was not going anywhere. After a few seconds he staggered and tried to keep his footing before finally succumbing and slumping to the ground not 5 yds from where I shot him. I could not believe what just unfolded before me. I think the doe ran, but the forky stayed and when the big buck had expired he come over to sniff, and gave him a few pushes on the rump. It wasn’t until after I climbed down and waved my arms and hollered did the small buck finally leave.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Absolutely awesome, I love this time of year....incredible.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan is the man!!

Old 10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Ryan congrats on a beautiful buck. That is a nice PA. buck for sure. I really enjoyed the story as well. I have a hard time scoring but it sure looks good to me. I have not been out in the woods in a while. I will be out this weekend in a new stand location so hopefully it will all work out. I know the team will be putting some more bone on the ground soon. I have read over all the post but I am sure I will forget something.

Quick sounds like you had fun on halloween with the kids. The pic did not show up for me.

Mike good to here you made it out and hope it picks up for you. Congrats on the news of the little one.

BD sorry to here about the miss but hang in there that buck will make a mistake soon enough. Congrats on the doe.

BB 120" and you passed that would be tough to do but I think you did the right thing. I hope that the big one walks by you now and you can lay the smack down on him.

AR sounds like you are having some good hunting when the good luck charm is along. I hope you get a nice one for the wall.

Troy I know it is just a matter of time until you put a big one down.

IL good luck on that 8 if that is the one you are after.

Well I hope that covers it all I am sure it doesn't but it is a start. I am excited about this weekend cooler temps and new stand location can only mean good things. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

William
Old 10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Ryan,
Congratulations!! That is an awesome buck! I am really happy for you,that is a beautiful animal! Way to go!Your smile says it all.That is an exceptional north eastern buck.Trick or treat baby is right! Make room on the wall!

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.