Community
2005 HuntingNet Events HuntingNet sponsored get togethers, shoots and hunts.

HuntingNet's 3-D Shoot

Old 08-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HuntingNet's 3-D Shoot

Thank's to all who hosted the shoot my wife and I hads a great time.Oh yeah the food wasn't bad either.Justin,Christine,and Duke it was a pleasure.later on.Good talking to yaduke.Bill D>
Old 08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HuntingNet's 3-D Shoot

Very nice event.
The weather wasn't bad either. I don't think anyonecomplained of beingcold all day (unless they ended up in the dunk tank).
"Anybody got a skimmer?" " Get away from the target, Grandma...(BLUB BLUB BLUB)."

Everybody I talked to had a great time, and I chatted with quite a few people.
The shoot drew all kinds of archers, from the die-hard traditional guys who always have a hunting story to share,and those who prefer the newest and fastest bows, to the serious 3-D and competition target shooters, and the kids and adults who had never flung an arrow at anything before.

The 3-D course itself had a good mix of targets and ranges. I shot it twice.It had deer, goats, elk, coyote, some big cats, an alligator, several pigs, and some other African quarry as well. The staff also inserted a few challenges and obstacles along the way such as the shooting tower, a treestand, a water hole, and several partially obscured targets, some of which consisted of tall grass that waved in the wind causing you to have to time your shot with the rhythm. Safety was obviously in the minds of the organizers, as the layout did not allow anyone to be shooting towards anyone else. While this is not usually as fun as the other way, is does insure that more shooters will have the opportunity toreturn next year. Smart thinking.

My personal favorite activity of the day (besides chowing on somedelicious food..."wanna taste my sausage?"), had to be the aerial targets. The flying disks caught almost everyone's attention, and many people shot several rounds, determined to hit one before they called it a day.
Thanks Kendall. Keep your head down.

The kid's archery range was a beehive of activity all day long.
Kid's just eat this stuff up. Boys and girls alike were wearing their biggest smiles as they impaled foam dinosaurs, deer, bear, goats, and a tiger. The patient folks helping at the range showed the beginners the basics of safety, stance, aiming, and shooting. I heard more than one kid say they were hooked on archery as they left. If you have kids that haven't tried it, get them out there next year, and let them fall in love with a new sport. You'll have a shooting buddy for life, and they will gain the mental focus and self-discipline that the shooting sports bring.

There was also some trap, sporting clays, and wobble available, along with the rifle range.
I shot my first ever round of sporting clays with a great bunch of patient guys who made it fun to learn.
Whiletime didn't allow meto do any rifle shooting, I heard the range did geta workout.

Some nice prizes were given out in the raffle, and everybody went home with a door prize.
I'll be there again next year, and I'm bringing more shooters too.
After all, what better excuse could you have to shoot a 3-D, than to be supporting B4K?