Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Gun Deer Contest
 Picture Braggin & Reply Thread >

Picture Braggin & Reply Thread

Community

Picture Braggin & Reply Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:01 AM

Default RE: Picture Braggin & Reply Thread

This guy was shot in Southwestern Wisconsin in the HRZ (herd reduction zone,CWD management)on Sunday November 20th early in the morning.
I had woke my brother up and asked him if he was going out but he declined and wanted to sleep in so I went and sat in his stand. Around 6:30 just at light, a guy on the next property over shot and I watched a deer bound away and fall. Thinking my hunt was over for the day I was supprised when ten minutes later this buck walked out from behind me only 30 yards away. As I clickedthe saftey off my.270 Rugerhe shot his head up and looked around very carefully. I thought it was only a matter of time until he bolted. He took two more steps and i shot. He jumped three times, crashed into a tree and slid down the hill about ten yards. At first I wasn't forsure of his size and from my stand I could only make out the g-2's but didn't think it was real since it was spit. I thought it was just a little tree. Once i got out of my stand and made my way down to him i couldn't believe what i had just shot. The split on the g-2 was real, and he had a matching set.Along with that he had mass like i have never seen. A main frame 10 with split g-2's and mass like an elk. 5 inch circumfrences between points three and four. He scores right around 170 and will look great on my wall. Ironically this was only the third buck 2 and a half years old or better that i have seen this season (includes bow season), i figured i was seeing a buck about every 48 hours in the stand. Patience and presistance does pay off.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

What a hawg!!! Awesome buck. What did he weigh?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:52 PM

We never weighed him but if i were to guess i would say around 250. Even the drag down the hill was tough.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of nice deer so far.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

We need more pictures to look at.

So put em up
Old 12-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the buck 22 Nov in Northern WI. I was set up on a high line in a poplar tree about 40ft up. Sweet spot swamp on my left, and 3 ridges coming down to the high line. Anyways at first light I see this speck moving in the snow approx 150yds out. I threw the scope up and saw rack. At this point I'm shaking. I told myself calm down and wait for the shot. Right when I;m telling myself this he turns and goes in the woods. I threw it up and shot, and thought I heard him go down. I'm shaking really bad now. I wait 5 min and get raedy to get down, and I hear a deer walking in the snowwhere I shot at the buck. My heart sank. I missed him. Now I'm freaking out moving all around trying tosee ifit's him. I finally catch a glimpse of a deer by the swamp. I raise the 30-06 and shoot again. This time hedropped in his tracks. I waited 5 mins and got down and backed out to go get my dad to share the moment with me. When we get back I'm talking really loud ad pointing outwhere he came from and where I missed him. Then I said looks go take a look.We get there and I horror I realize I'mstaring eye toeye with my buck. I wisper to my dad give me your gun he's still alive. I popped him again.From the angle of the shot Ionly got one lung. He dropped and was still alive 45 min later, and there was no blood in his bed. Never forget this one!!

Old 12-13-2005, 04:19 PM

I got this buck on opening day of rifle season in Va. I had previously seen him the week before while bowhunting but never got off a shot. That morning I was using my can and grunt call. I think the grunt call brought him in. He came in at 7:30 and was 15 yrds away when my Marlin 30-30 spit out a bullet. He ran about 60 yrds. This was my first buck and is actually the first buck I have ever shot at. I always wait on a better shot but I have since gotten over that phase. Hes a 10 pointer w/ a 15" spread. Not too wide but he is tall. Hes going on the wall. Thats my dad in the pic w/ me. Enjoy.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great deer all! Keep 'em coming!

Old 12-15-2005, 10:21 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

This is my '05 buck. Not the most exciting hunt i've bin on, but I got him anyway. I was hunting with my buddy and hisfiancé and we noticed a not to bad buck out in a slough. This was her first year hunting, so we snuck up as close as we could get. (not very close 250yds-theres no cover in this part of the prairies) So she ended up taking a couple shots and missed, on her last shot another buck and a doe stood up and took off running. The second buck looked to be not bad so I took a shot and connected. So here he is with a gross score of 150 4/8. He was shot with a Remington model 700 CDL LH 7mm Rem. mag.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:59 AM

Awesome Buck! Way to go man!!!!

Quick Reply: Picture Braggin & Reply Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.