Community

Official Team #11 Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team #11 Thread

Antlergetter,
That is an awesome buck. Definately a trophy. Nothing to be ashamed of there. Congrats.

Grabbing the gun for the first time this season tommorrow and heading to NY w/ the 30.06. MA shotgun starts monday. We'll see what that brings.

Nice doe Hoyt3. She'll be good eatin'. Good story about you past experience w/ her. Hope you get the big boy...
Don't know about passing on that 5 pointer though!
He'd be in the freezer now.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:37 AM

Hey guys. Sorry I never checked in. I'm new to this. I just got back from my Minnesota hunt. I shot a 4 point 137 lb. Everyone in my party (4) shot a buck. Two forks, a six and a monster 10 point. We didn't get the final weight on the 10 because the coyotes got to it before we did. It weighed 176 without the hind quarters. Good luck everyone I'll check in later.

Marty
Old 12-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the buck antlergetter!!

Well team i finally got a buck this evening team, a 8 point probally a 2 1/2 buck, got him with the muzzle loader at about 5.30 this eve....Ill take some pics tommorrow and post them for you guys tommorrow along with the story.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday morning started as a snowy day again here in the U.P, and it was the 2nd day of the muzzle loader season, i went out for the morning hunt and hunted till around noon and only seen a few doe, but i was really anxious to hunt this stand again later...as its normally a better evening stand.
So i went home grabbed some lunch and headed back out for the evening hunt, i got to my blind and within minutes i had a doe come out into the apple orchard i was watching, with the temps in the low teens i knew the deer would be on the move looking to feed...a few minutes later a doe and 3 fawns come out, an hour goes by and now and shooting light is fading fast...i catch movement to my right put the bino's up and 3 more does come out, as i was watching them dig thru the snow for apples i see them all start looking behind me, just starring back over my right shoulder, i new then something had to be comming, then i hear these foot steps comming closer and closer and all of a sudden he steps out 20 yards in front of my pop up blind and stares in the window at me. I played the stare game with him for what seemed like for ever, he then starts walking out in the clearing towards the does, chases them away with his head down turns broadside at about 50yrds i raised my smokepole and took aim and shot. after all the smoke cleared i seen him running real low to the ground which indicated a good shot. He went about a 100yrds and he piled up, he's not the biggest buck but im happy with him.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a nice one. Congrats.
I have shot 2 does w/ the gun so far. Nothing with horns has shown itself yet...

Old 12-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went out this past Saturday and did some drives with the muzzleloader. First drive my brother in law took a nice 5 pointer. Next drive my buddy hit a big 8. It ran by me and I missed. We found the deer the next day (half of it anyway). It was a nice 8 w/ an 18" inside spread. It was my buddy's first buck.. Kindof glad I didn't hit it! He actually hit it in the leg and the coyotes must have finished him off. Poor thing. I'll post some pics when they are developed. I have never seen him smile so much!

Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is the buck I missed, but my buddy got... it's his first buck!
http://tinypic.com/ixh9i9.jpg

Here are a few of the other deer the 4 of us took this year... Nothing really big other than the first one. My brother in law took a nice 9 in New York, but I have no pics yet.

http://tinypic.com/ixh7hc.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ixh8w7.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ixh9pk.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ixha4o.jpg
http://tinypic.com/ixhan9.jpg
Old 12-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend!

Old 12-27-2005, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

well, I had a good xmas. hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. My wife got me the parka I wanted and now I can just wear three layers instead of six. she got me a pair of bibs too back in Nov for my bday. every time she gets me something and I wear it, I kill a deer. got a gorilla king kong stand from my folks which is awesome and a fleece hood cover.

I've been out here and there and decided to go out to a patch of cover that the deer have used in years passed. some young hunter really screwed the pooch for me this year and the late season isn't nearly as productive in there as it usually is. I sat a spot on the ground after seeing there was 0 fresh sign at my one stand. I figured why not and took the 243. It was windy as heck. 35mph gusts. I didn't see anything until I got up and knelt on the edge of a field to watch for the final five mins or so. I look out and I think, 'man, that looks like a deer'. well, it wasn't, but 4 deer. three little ones and mom on a trail that I didn't even know was there. hey, I've only hunted this place for three seasons! anyway, I couldn't get a shot from there, and light was going fast. I went back into the woods and came out a bit farther up. I put the gun on a pine limb and just as the crosshairs settled, I get a cramp in my leg. ouch. worked that out and resettled. I was debating on whether or not to shoot because she was just on the other side of a fence, when the gun went off. guess I decided to shoot. I found zero sign. I looked in the fading light for about five mins before finding her. a nice big fat 4.5 y.o. doe. I'll have to watch this trail in the future. I'll post a pic when I get home. this is number 11 for me. two weeks left. I am hoping to find that elusive buck. I've seen but six this year.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:23 AM

8 days left and 3 more tags!! I havent gotten out any during late muzzleloader because I was sick. I spent my holiday time on the throne with a stomache bug [&o]! However I did get a trailcam photo of a decent8-point buck behind my house a couple weeks ago. 2 days before Christmas my buddy hunted theground blindI was going to(if I werent sick) and saw the same bucktrailing a doe. That is the latest in the year I've ever heard of a buck trying to chase a doe around here. Since he was out of buck tags he let the buck walk right past him. I think I'll spend alittle time in that blind.

Quick Reply: Official Team #11 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.