Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Gun Deer Contest
 Official Team #6 Thread!!!!!!! >

Official Team #6 Thread!!!!!!!

Community

Official Team #6 Thread!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2005, 09:28 AM

Default RE: Official Team #6 Thread!!!!!!!

man mike your having a great season, hows everybody doing ,my buddy took 2 deer 1 on mon . 1 on tues ,a small fork that i passed during bow and a med size doe,looks like were going to get some snow this weekend or early next week well good luck guys, i keep you guys posted,still have some good sign in one area i hunt found a fresh scrape yesterday,thers a 8 pointer out there i seen during bowbut didnt have a clen shot on
Old 12-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow man where did all the deer go. I feel bad we haven't even put one deer on the board. I have had one of the best years I ever had but nothing with horns with my gun. Well its not over yet but baby it sure is cold outside I didn't even go out today as I needed a break from sitting in my stand and freezing. I will be out there pluging away again tommorow. So far since Oct. 17th I have missed only 4 days. I have only seen 2 deer since the gun season started and before they were every where. I think a lot of people don't know how to hunt the late season by not causing too much of a rucus. They are running all over the woods spooking these deer
The deer have been hunted hard for a while now the first sound of trouble and there gone. So many have been pushed out and won't come back till they are pushed out from where they are now. All you can do now is sit and hope these folks have gone back to their living room and hunt with their field and stream mags and leave the woods alone for a while and let the deer come back. Well good luck guys Mike
Old 12-24-2005, 11:01 AM

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN MIKE, THE DEER ARE HOLDING TIGHT AND HARDLEY MOVING WITH ALL THE SNOW WITH ICE ON IT MAKES IT SOME HARD HUNTING, THE ONLY THING IS YOU CAN HEAR THEM COMINGGOT A TO THE END OF THE MONTH, HOWS EVERYBODY ELSE DOING,IGOT A DOE MON ,IKNOW ITS DOSNT COUNT BUT I TOUGHT I SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS GOOD LUCK

Old 12-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job Jamie way to go any deer this time of year is a trophy. I missed a nice buck with my muzzle loader today. I can't belive it that makes two misses with that gun this year. I need to stick with a bow or a rifle it seems I do better with them. I can't really complane I got my share this year but I really wanted to get one with a muzzle loader. Three more days I still could score we'll see. I got a new gun for christmas a T/C Omega stanless steel barrel/ camo composit stock with a thumb hole a nikon buckmaster 3-9 scope but no rings. I think the wife did pretty good tho. I won't have it ready for this year but next year I'll be ringing their bell with it. Well again congrats. Have you ever tried Huntingchat.net Index there is a thread just for mass hunters you should give it a try I am on there as 12 ring. Mike
Old 12-29-2005, 05:52 PM

ILL HAVE TO GO ON THER MIKE NEVER EVEN TRIED IT YET, SOME TIMES ITS HARD CAUSE I WORK FROM 3- 2AM ECCEPT FOR THE ONE DAY OFF I HAVE, WELL GOT TOMMROW AND SAT TO HUNT AND THATS IT FOR M/L FOR THE YEAR BOY THE SEASON WENT FAST , THE ONLY THING I GET TO LOOK FORWARD TO IS MY BEAR HUNT IN NEW BRUNSWICK AT THE END OF MAY , GOOD LUCK GUYS ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW A MAKE OUT THESE NEXT 2 DAYS
Old 12-29-2005, 09:00 PM

well men. I will be heading up to the lease tomorrow after work for the last weekend. Jan1 is the last day of the season so hopefully i will get SOMETHING this weekend. Let lots of small ones walk but think its time to put meat in the freeze and points on the board. still looking for my big 10 and 11ptrs we saw during off season. -Peace
Old 01-02-2006, 05:37 AM

well guys the season ended ,shame to see it go ,mybe try some yote hunting,this year iam happy with my doe ,all and all i had a good eason got to see a couple of bears nice buck ,just spending time outdoors is awsome,good luck guys iknow allot of everyone seasons winding down
Old 01-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir the season is over but not before I scored on a doe sat. I told you I missed two nice bucks with my muzzel loader , well I put up a target and coulden hit it from 80 yards. I don't know what I did to it so I quickly went to Dicks sporting goods and got the scope bases and rings for the ole black dimond and friday quickly sighted it in as best I could before work. Well good thing I did cause Sat. morning at 9:10 am here came two does right into my stand area. I shot the first one and the second one ran off I reloaded just in time to get a shot at the second one but I guess I misssed that one. But what a way to end the season. I wish I put that scope on before the season started. Funny opening day of bow I got a nice 8 pointer and the last day possiable of muzzel loader I got a nice doe. Plus 8 others in between. What a great season even if I didn't get a monster I would take this season again next year just the same. Well good luck and god bless you all and god willing we will do it all again next year. Mike